Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
If I can't upgrade to 3.0 will I still have all functionality and new profiles?
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantscottiew
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have Windows ME currently and thus can't upgrade. I have the premium so will I still get all updated profiles and everything with 2.5? Thanks in advance.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSquirrelecto
United Kingdom Posts: 793
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
2.5 works with the IVS site. 3.0 works with the Invelos site. The two databases are separate. So you'll only get the updates from the IVS site .....
Posted:
but will people still be contributing to the IVS site? or will they just all use the new and thus i am sos!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorRHo
Posted:
Quoting scottiew:
Quote:
but will people still be contributing to the IVS site? or will they just all use the new and thus i am sos!

I will contribute to IVS for the forseeable future. Version 3.x has to get a little bit more bug resistant and the Invelos database has to increase much more before I will completely switch to Invelos. Currently I use 2.5 for my productive database and 3.0.1 for beta testing, getting acustomed to the new design, and building the new online database.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorBad Father
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting scottiew:
Quote:

I believe you mean SOL

Edited:  Why on Earth would you still be running ME?
My WebGenDVD online Collection
 Last edited: by Bad Father
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorVoltaire53
Missed again!
United Kingdom Posts: 2,293
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
To be honest I would expect new contributions to drop off dramatically.

There may be a few like RHo who will continue with 2.5 until 3.0 becomes stable and the new database is more populated but, to be honest, I would suspect even that will be a matter of a few weeks for the vast majority of profiles and a suitably robust application.

I know I'm not going to be replicating all my data as the only thing I use 2.5 for now is grabbing old stuff from the IVS database that isn't yet in the new one so I can do a 'one profile restore' to my 3.0, make new Rule changes and upload it.
It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorBad Father
Posted:
I think Voltaire is right.  I will only be using 2.5 as a means of updating my phpdvdprofiler site until a new version of phpdvdprofiler is released that's compatible with 3.0.  I won't be submitting any scans or profiles to IVS.  Sorry.
My WebGenDVD online Collection
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantjdwright
Rev. Fr. John Wright
United States Posts: 16
Posted:
I agree with 8ballMax. My collection is too large to be worrying about submitting to both IVS and Invelos. I will be using 3.0 dedicated and only submitting to Invelos since I also use Profiler Mobile (whoo thank God for it) and no longer use phpdvdprofiler.
 Last edited: by jdwright
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRossRoy
Posted:
I'm with 8ballMax, I'm keeping 2.5 only as a means to update my phpdvdprofiler database. Once phpdvdprofile is compatible with 3.x.x, then 2.5 will be left behind.
Posted:
i can't understand how if i paid for a membership that my membership will be null once everyone transitions to 3.0. i can't upgrade since i am fine with my current OS. why can't this work for Me? it really isn't fair to have paid for something that will soon cease to exist. i would like a refund in this case, is that not plausible?
 Last edited: by scottiew
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorpompel9
Norway Posts: 467
Posted:
Quoting scottiew:
Quote:
i can't understand how if i paid for a membership that my membership will be null once everyone transitions to 3.0. i can't upgrade since i am fine with my current OS. why can't this work for Me? it really isn't fair to have paid for something that will soon cease to exist. i would like a refund in this case, is that not plausible?

You can't upgrade your OS because you are fine with it?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorSkywatcher
Portugal Posts: 315
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Scottiew,

When you bought your membership to the IVS Software DVDProfiler, your contract ws that you would have access to their program without limitations, you'd be entitled to all future upgrades of IVS DVDProfiler, and also have access to the user-contributed database.

IVS keeps upholding the promise. You have all that.
It's not IVS fault if their users decide to stop using their program and to stop contributing for their database.

There is, however, another company, called invelos that has a program with the same (or more) capacities, and that will even allow you to get their program and an unlimited license for free, if you have a license from that other company. Invelos' product, however, works only in newer OSs. Future versions of the IVS program (if existing) might as well not be backward compatible. You do have the right to them, it was in your purchase contract.

There is no grounds for any refund request, as IVS keeps delivering to you everything they promised:
- Unlimited use of the program
- Free upgrade for all future version they may release
- Access to the user built database and regular releases of the user submitted profiles.

So, they are not failing in absolutely anything, and have no guilt or responsibility if the users decided to abandon profile submitting to their database. It's totally beyond their control (and liking, if I may risk).
This said, I believe the only persons you can ask for a refund it's us, the users, for stopping of submitting  profiles to the database you use. We were the ones that changed behavior. Not IVS, whom you payed your program to.
However, something tells me you won't have much success on collecting from us, as all our money goes to DVDs 
With every passing hour our solar system comes forty-three thousand miles closer to globular cluster M13 in the constellation Hercules, and still there are some misfits who continue to insist that there is no such thing as progress.
 Last edited: by Skywatcher
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorlyonsden5
Hello old friends!
Posted:
Quoting scottiew:
Quote:

At some point in time software developers stop supporting operating systems. Windows ME is a 6 year old system that runs on a completely different framework (someone correct me if I am wrong). The software I use for work stopped supporting ME a year and a half ago. It is not unheard of.
Posted:
Quoting Skywatcher:
Quote:
Scottiew,

When you bought your membership to the IVS Software DVDProfiler, your contract ws that you would have access to their program without limitations, you'd be entitled to all future upgrades of IVS DVDProfiler, and also have access to the user-contributed database.

IVS keeps upholding the promise. You have all that.
It's not IVS fault if their users decide to stop using their program and to stop contributing for their database.

There is, however, another company, called invelos that has a program with the same (or more) capacities, and that will even allow you to get their program and an unlimited license for free, if you have a license from that other company. Invelos' product, however, works only in newer OSs. Future versions of the IVS program (if existing) might as well not be backward compatible. You do have the right to them, it was in your purchase contract.

There is no grounds for any refund request, as IVS keeps delivering to you everything they promised:
- Unlimited use of the program
- Free upgrade for all future version they may release
- Access to the user built database and regular releases of the user submitted profiles.

So, they are not failing in absolutely anything, and have no guilt or responsibility if the users decided to abandon profile submitting to their database. It's totally beyond their control (and liking, if I may risk).
This said, I believe the only persons you can ask for a refund it's us, the users, for stopping of submitting  profiles to the database you use. We were the ones that changed behavior. Not IVS, whom you payed your program to.
However, something tells me you won't have much success on collecting from us, as all our money goes to DVDs 

you know there are ways of phrasing something and then there is your rant. i really didn't envision getting anything back,
*EDITED* Removed personal attack.  Please keep these forums clean. - Ken
 Last edited: by Ken Cole
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeKen Cole
Invelos Software
United States Posts: 4,282
Posted:
To be honest I have not had the opportunity to test on Me, only 98, 2000, XP, and Vista.  98 functions but is not stable.  It's possible Me may work, but not especially likely.  However, I have today ordered a copy of Me for testing.  I'll update this post when I have more information.  The copy is coming from Austrailia though , so it will be a few days.
Invelos Software, Inc. Representative
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorwidescreenforever
Under A Double DoubleW
Canada Posts: 5,481
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I can't see why it would not run on ME as it is very close to its younger sister XP.,
I ran ME for over 4 years and it was one of the most stable O/S I used.,
I finally updated to XP when I changed PC's in 2005.., and of course very happy with Xp SP2 Pro.
In the 60's, People took Acid to make the world Weird. Now the World is weird and People take Prozac to make it Normal.

Terry
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2  Previous   Next