Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next
Search by media company in database?
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdcrw6
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hello all,
I recently signed up after using Filmaf.com for over 20 years and I had a question. Is there any possible way to search for titles using the "media company" field when adding discs, either in program or with a plugin? Such as listing all Arrow Video or Scream Factory titles. I have over 12,000 discs to enter and I store them by label so this would be a huge help, and I loved being able to see all of a company's releases to know what to look for. It was what I used to look up constantly on Filmaf and would love to be able to do so here too. I found a few plugins that'll let me do it with my collection that's already entered, but not when searching the DVD Profiler database to add titles.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hey welcome! I'm sure there will be answers flowing in shortly. By the way, was there some process that you used to move your collection from the other platform? I'm just curious how you did it.

Anyhow, glad to have you on board!

Edit: Oh wait, maybe you haven't moved over yet? Looks like the URL has already gone. Do you have any kind of computerized version of your prior collection? We might be able to give you a head start on getting a database built. The folks around here can convert from just about anything.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Was expecting some replies by now. People might be investigating. I took a look and couldn't find a way. And from the perspective of a plugin developer, I don't see anything in the API that would help. The online searches are either by title, by UPC or by profile ID. Sorry. 

If you can think of a way to generate a list of titles, based on the media company, then we could read in the titles and do a search of the online for potential profiles. A plugin could do that.

Something like this, for example.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantTheHumbleOne
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've also tried this in the past and I can't see any way at all. Is there any way of putting in a development request or is it a lost cause?
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next