Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1 2 3 ...5  Previous   Next
Tool: BirthYearCheck
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,508
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
After I had finished my previous project - BirthYearLookup - it occured to me that being able to check which persons in your collection that need birth years would be really useful. So I wrore this tool that compares the names in your collection with the names in the list of approved birth years.

Names in blue have at least one unknown birth year, so may or may not need a birth year.
Names in red do need a birth year.

Read more about it and download BirthYearCheck 1.0.0

PS: As you can see, I have my work cut out for me if I want to check all 1299 names that may need a birth year. 
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Profiling since 2004
Austria Posts: 5,703
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Q: Is there a sorting order behind the movie title list?

Suggestion: If there are more than one media type selected in a profile, only the first one is displayed in the movie list. Would be nice, if all could be displayed.

Suggestion: Would be nice, if the import of the XML File could be limited to the collections displayed under Owned. Otherwise my technical collections with headshot and BY profiles completely blow the result (1906 vs. 1021 persons with probablly missing BYs).
Complete list of Common Names  •  A good point for starting with Headshots (and v11.1)
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting AiAustria:
Quote:
Q: Is there a sorting order behind the movie title list?
The order in which they are found in the export file.

Quote:
Suggestion: If there are more than one media type selected in a profile, only the first one is displayed in the movie list. Would be nice, if all could be displayed.
Well, I could do that, but is it really relevant? Since the object is to find where birthyears may be needed I would have thought that listing the major media type was sufficient.

Quote:
Suggestion: Would be nice, if the import of the XML File could be limited to the collections displayed under Owned. Otherwise my technical collections with headshot and BY profiles completely blow the result (1906 vs. 1021 persons with probablly missing BYs).
If you just want the owned collection, why not export only Owned?

When I did some work using version 1.0 I realized that it would be silly to fix just one birthyear in a profile if there were more birthyears needed for the same profile, so I'm working on version 1.1. It's not finished, but here's a preview of what I have so far:

I intend to make the "Other persons" names hyperlinks to their respective forum posts. Most likely there will be other design changes as well. Watch this space for an announcement.
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
And here is the result: BirthYearCheck 1.1.0

And as requested, AiAustria, all media types are now shown in the Title link.

Note: If someone in Others has two links in the birth year list, that person will be listed twice, once with each link.
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Things are moving fast when you're bored. Or in this case when I am bored. 
I realized that there was a rather obvous extension needed in the functionality - listing by title.

I also added a help file. Not that the program is hard to use, but read it anyway. There is a feature that you might miss otherwise. Just saying ...

BirthYearCheck 2.0.0

"Hey! Let's be careful out there!"
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Another quick update.
Fixed a bug that incorrectly listed some "Other persons".
Added tooltips with the persons function(s).

This usually makes it easier to identify the person in the forum post, and does make it easier to find them in the cast and crew lists in Profiler.

BirthYearCheck 2.1.0
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
BirthYearCheck 3.0

This version adds several convenience features. Most notably an internal browser.

Instead of every link thay you click creating a new instance of your Internet browser of choice, links now open in the Browser tab. In the Persons and Titles lists you can apply a filter to find any person or title you like. You can also filter out the blue entries and just display the red ones, i.e. the ones that has persons that we know need a birth year. The blue ones may or may not need one.

Since the browser component that Microsoft provides wasn't up to the job, this version uses the CEFSharp browser. That means that it's a lot bigger download, unfortunately. It also mean that this version only works on 64 bit Windows.

As always, I urge you to take a look at the help file. Maybe check the last paragraph in the Epilog.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Profiling since 2004
Austria Posts: 5,703
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Suggestion/question:

Is it possible to change the context menu in the browser? - I'd like options like:
- open link (if there is a link selected, which has no href in begind
- open link in System Default Browser (either when clicking on a link or when a link is selected, which has no href in behind).
Complete list of Common Names  •  A good point for starting with Headshots (and v11.1)
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Quoting AiAustria:
Quote:
Suggestion/question:

Is it possible to change the context menu in the browser? - I'd like options like:
- open link (if there is a link selected, which has no href in begind
- open link in System Default Browser (either when clicking on a link or when a link is selected, which has no href in behind).

Short answer - no unfortunately it is not possible. 
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Quoting myself:
Quote:
Short answer - no unfortunately it is not possible. 

Long answer - well, it seems that the short answer may not be entirely true. It may be possible, but it requires digging down in the code a bit. If I get inquisitive enough, I may try to see if I can do it. No promises.
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
It actually turned out not to be that complicated, once I had hunted down an example and examined it. And it also turned out to let me remove a bunch of code that now became unneccesary. Still some testing and tweaking to do, but it will look like this:

It also allowed a work-around for a bug i CefSharp. When you opened the default context menu there was no way to close it again without actually selecting one of the menu items. So I added Close this menu which does nothing except just closing the menu.

Normal clickable links open in the default browser if you hold down Ctrl while clicking it. This only applies to links in the Browser tab.

Watch this space for an announcement of version 3.1 in the near future!
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
BirthYearCheck 3.1

Now with the context menu as shown in my previous post, plus several minor fixes and enhancements.
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
BirthYearCheck 3.2

Now with HTTPJolie integration for smoother selection of profiles on double-click.
Should now also work regardless of which DVD Profiler translation is used.
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
BirthYearCheck 3.4

New feature - List of cast/crew names with birthyears in your collection that does not appear in the online birth year list.

How to remove a birth year:
- Edit any profile
- Go to the cast or crew tab
- Find the name in the list on the left
- Right click the name and select Edit
- Clear the birth year and click OK

It doesn't hurt to check the forum threads before you remove a birth year. This is especially true if you should see the same name with two different birth years (like John Smith in the example above).
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributormreeder50
I was outta bullets
United States Posts: 2,713
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Marty - Registered July 10, 2004, User since 2002.
 Last edited: by mreeder50
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
BirthYearCheck 4.0

The Possible invalid BYs tag has been extensively updated.
Gunnar
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1 2 3 ...5  Previous   Next