Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Box set expansion button missing
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSaop
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi, I am a game buff in addition to movies and I like to use DVD profiler to organize my games so all I have to do is click the little plus button in the upper left corner of the custom "DVD box set" that I made with a picture of a console and all the games for that console are displayed. I did this successfully for my entire collection a few years ago but now I'm trying to add another and, although I can make a new custom DVD entry AND add my games to it as a box set, the litte plus button to expand it is gone. And don't worry, I always lock these custom profiles so they never get uploaded. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas to get the expansion button back.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
United States Posts: 4,245
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Did you try to reload the layout?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,508
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Make sure that Collection / Nest Box Sets is checked.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
Posted:
no, I did not try reloading the layout. I just tried it now and it didn't help.

I did make sure that the nest box set was checked.

oddly enough, I moved it from my "games" tab to the default "Owned" tab and it magically  developed the expand button. Could this just be a weird bug that required the box set to be created in the Owned tab and then moved to it's final destination? in any case, thank you both for the input, I really appreciate it! Time never seems to be on my side, but I'll try to find time to play with this more and see if creating a box set in Owned and then moving it elsewhere is a verified fix for the issue and post back later.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
United States Posts: 4,245
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Saop:
Quote:
no, I did not try reloading the layout. I just tried it now and it didn't help.

I did make sure that the nest box set was checked.

oddly enough, I moved it from my "games" tab to the default "Owned" tab and it magically  developed the expand button. Could this just be a weird bug that required the box set to be created in the Owned tab and then moved to it's final destination? in any case, thank you both for the input, I really appreciate it! Time never seems to be on my side, but I'll try to find time to play with this more and see if creating a box set in Owned and then moving it elsewhere is a verified fix for the issue and post back later.

Okay I have a Custom Tab I call Recorded (for recordings of movies that I transferred to DVD), and I jus tried to create a box set and the box set worked just fine.

I assume when you say Games tab, you mean that you created a Custom Collection Category using the Tools> Edit Collection Categories method.

I see nothing on that tab that would prevent box sets from not being shown correctly.

I would suggest a Database Repair and see if that fixes it. (Be sure to have a backup done first, but I'm sure you know that already).
Posted:
I tried a database repair and it didn't help, but I did notice something strange. I have lots of dvds and games so I use the search function all the time. When I use the search function, the one box set I'm having trouble with does not display the expand button, however, when I scroll through everything and find it manually, it does have the expand button and it works just fine. I'm not sure why this one box set is having problems but the others I created work just fine when searched for, but at least it works when I scroll down and find it.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next