Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
German -> English
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRoboCop
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
How can I switch all my profiles from German to English including the Overview Texts?
 Last edited: by RoboCop
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorDJ Doena
Germany Posts: 6,737
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Not at all.

The program profiles the DVD with the barcode number (EAN / UPC) in the country you bought it in. The text on the back is the same as on the overview field.

So if you have a DVD from the UK, it will be in English. If you have one from Germany, it will be in German. There are special areas in the world, like Canada that sometimes have a dual cover for the "main Canada" English and the Quebec French or Scandinavia, that sometimes has three or four different titles and overviews.

But for most of the world you have the cover and thus the profile in the country's dominant / official language where you bought the DVD from.

Here's an example for a multi-language back cover:

May I ask why do you want to switch German language profiles to English?
Karsten
DVD Collectors Online

DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRoboCop
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I want print reports to my family in the Philippines. They understand only english.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorDJ Doena
Germany Posts: 6,737
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
That's not going to work out of the box, sorry. 
Karsten
DVD Collectors Online

DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordee1959jay
Netherlands Posts: 6,014
Posted:
The only way to do that is by replacing all Germany-locality DVD profiles in your collection by profiles of the same movies from some English-speaking locality (US, UK etc.).

Or by manually replacing the German Overview text in the profiles in your collection by English text taken from a profile of the same movie from some English-speaking locality (US, UK etc.).
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next