Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Android: Android Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Unable to Connect Error
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantTFisher1231
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've never had this much difficulty getting the mobile app to connect directly to my desktop database but for some reason it isn't working at all.  I have all of the information correct but it just keeps telling me Unable to Connect.  I recently moved and our wifi changed but I can't imagine this has anything to do with it.  Anyone familiar with this issue or know how to handle it?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributormreeder50
I was outta bullets
United States Posts: 2,713
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
As of today, I am having the same issue. I have rebuilt the DB, restarted my router, PC, and phone, but no luck. I also made sure the IP address and port were correct along with the password. I'm at a loss.
Marty - Registered July 10, 2004, User since 2002.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBromo
Australia Posts: 22
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I am also having the same problem...i wonder if its since updating to Win 10 1809?? 
It would probably be about the same time i think....
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBromo
Australia Posts: 22
Posted:
updated Norton Security and restarted PC and now it works.  Odd....
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantccla
Posted:
Anybody found a solution to this problem?  I am now having the same problem.  Tried to change the IP address and port with no success.

claudio
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantccla
Posted:
For anybody who may be interested, I was able to restore the connection to the Desktop database by checking the option to allow access from over the internet.  The connection failed from the internet because I have a firewall that blocks incoming connection, but after the option was enabled I was able to connect though my internal network and download the collection to my phone.

claudio
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Android: Android Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next