Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
Tool: CommonActor
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,509
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
This is a simple little tool that a put together mostly for fun. Maybe someone has a use for it.

It compares two profiles and lists actors that appear in both profiles. Just like ProfilerQuery it works from an exported collection file.

You can find it here.

I have been toying with adding the reverse functionality; enter two actors and get all common films. It's a bit more work, so I'm not promising anything. For now you can use IMDb for this (but that will of course not limit the result to what's in your own collection).
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,509
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Well, I was doing laundry today, and I had nothing better to do while my bedsheets were drying in the laundry room, so I tackled version 2 of CommonActor. In hindsight I could probably have chosen a better name now that it does both common actors and common films, but it's easy to have 20/20 hindsight...

I wasn't sure just how practical it would be to extract all actors from all movies in a collection. At the moment, my own collection contains over 115,000 credited actors. I think I managed to make it work pretty well, though. You can read more about it on the download page.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next