Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Odd behaviour using the "Refresh Updated Profiles" function
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRossRoy
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm having some really weird behaviour using this function. For example, I have 130 profiles that show as having updates. I then used the Skip All Unchanged function, and it remove 14 from that.

So right, I'm in the process of verifying each one, as I always do, but after doing about 40 profiles, there's already been 2 that showed no changes which were missed by the skip all unchanged. Also, I have a few profiles, around 6-7, that show a change on the "Produced" field, yet both years are shown as the same. The program also tells me a profiles has changed, but they're the same changes I skipped 2-3 days ago.

Anybody else seeing that? It's a bit annoying.

Oh, I'm using 3.0.1 b1104 on Windows XP SP2.

------------------------

Also, and this would belong in the feature request really, but would it be possible to add back the letter codes to the currency? Because using only the currency symbol is misleading. Canadian Dollars = $, and US Dollars = $ .... So I'd like to have the CAD and USD added back to differentiate them.
 Last edited: by RossRoy
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting RossRoy:
Quote:
Also, I have a few profiles, around 6-7, that show a change on the "Produced" field, yet both years are shown as the same. The program also tells me a profiles has changed, but they're the same changes I skipped 2-3 days ago.

the produced date is showing as changed because there is now a country of origin added to the profile - but at the moment the only sign of this is when the year shows as different.

The compare screen will get updated in due course I imagine
Paul
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,432
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Ross, I tried tried that feature yesterday and noticed that as well. Well, actually I noticed that right after the check was complete, the number of profiles with updates hadn't changed... Anyway, after closing DVD Profiler and opening it again, then going to the Refresh Updated Profiles window, the number was correct.

So, I guess you'll have to either just close the Refresh Updated Profiles window or even close DVD Profiler to actually remove the profiles without changes from that list.
Achim [諾亞信; Ya-Shin//Nuo], a German in Taiwan.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRossRoy
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting ya_shin:
Quote:
So, I guess you'll have to either just close the Refresh Updated Profiles window or even close DVD Profiler to actually remove the profiles without changes from that list.

No need to close Profiler, just clicking OK ont he update window and then running a new update check fixes it.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next