Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Before I upgrade from 2.5 should I...
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkdh1949
Have Gun Will Travel
United States Posts: 2,394
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Before I upgrade from 2.5 should I run an update in 2.5 to refresh my profiles?  I haven't been doing any refreshes for a while, and since the IVS database won't be brought over, would it be worth the effort to refresh from IVS before upgrading to 3.0.1?
Another Ken (not Ken Cole)
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.
DVD Profiler user since June 15, 2001
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRossRoy
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Won't change anything. The only thing it would do is make your profiles be like they are online on Intervocative. When you update to 3.0, you will be restoring a backup you made from 2.5, and this will contain only the profiles you have.

So basically, if your profiles are the way you like them as they are, there's really no point in refreshing.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
Before I upgrade from 2.5 should I run an update in 2.5 to refresh my profiles?  I haven't been doing any refreshes for a while, and since the IVS database won't be brought over, would it be worth the effort to refresh from IVS before upgrading to 3.0.1?

probably a good idea to refresh - then you will get the best images etc. The profile on 2.5 may not get brought over so you might as well.

Don't just accept changes when you come over to 3.0 - always check all the covers etc.
Paul
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,432
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting pauls42:
Quote:
probably a good idea to refresh - then you will get the best images etc. The profile on 2.5 may not get brought over so you might as well.

I would still recommend to Preview all changes and not running an unattended updated...
Achim [諾亞信; Ya-Shin//Nuo], a German in Taiwan.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
Quoting ya_shin:
Quote:

I would still recommend to Preview all changes and not running an unattended updated...

Taken as read.. 
Paul
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next