Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Unaccepted UPCs
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,526
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
After going through all my 3000+ imported profiles, there are still 7 UPCs that Profiler will not accept, even though (as far as I can tell) they are entered exactly as they appear, all Region 1 titles. These are:

826150-206822 Colgate Comedy Classics
014381-080223 Goliath and the Dragon
790594-667221 Howling 3: The Marsupials
043396-072268 Reptilian
013131-154795 Schlock
786936-159479 South Pacific
014381-975123 Terror In The Midnight Sun/ Invasion Of The Animal People

Is this due to a bug in DVD Profiler, or are these actually released with invalid UPCs?
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorVoltaire53
Missed again!
United Kingdom Posts: 2,293
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I put them through an EAN checker and the checksum is coming out fine so I don't know why you can't contribute them...

Ah, it can't be the UPC that's wrong; it must be something else... I jusr submitted (then withdrew!) a dummy profile using 826150-206822. Is the error message you're getting saying the UPC is invalid or is it something like it not matching the currency or locality?
It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
No, I haven't tried to contribute them. It's just that they were getting flagged during the import, and I have tried to correct them since I took it that Profiler flagged them because they were considered invalid.

Edit: Looks like they can be contributed, so I guess it's just a glitch in the import routine that flags them even though they are correct.
Gunnar
 Last edited: by GSyren
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorVoltaire53
Missed again!
United Kingdom Posts: 2,293
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting GSyren:
Quote:
No, I haven't tried to contribute them. It's just that they were getting flagged during the import, and I have tried to correct them since I took it that Profiler flagged them because they were considered invalid..

Not sure why some imports were invalid... I had 27 IIRC (most of them disc IDs but some UPCs). You just have to change them by hand and re-submit them.
It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBoykin
Reg. December 2, 2001
United States Posts: 172
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Check to see if the disc ID in the disc section is valid.  In 3.0.0, I had some show up with just the text part of the ID.  The numbers were missing.
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Quoting Voltaire53:
Quote:
Not sure why some imports were invalid... I had 27 IIRC (most of them disc IDs but some UPCs). You just have to change them by hand and re-submit them.

I had 97 invalid imports to begin with. I fixed most of them, but these were assigned the correct UPC when converted but were still flagged.
Gunnar
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Quoting Boykin:
Quote:
Check to see if the disc ID in the disc section is valid.  In 3.0.0, I had some show up with just the text part of the ID.  The numbers were missing.

That's not it either. Only one of them had a disc id, but that one looked correct. The others had no disc id at all, but they are far from the only ones lacking disc id.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorLithurge
Paralysis by analysis
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It lets me add it as a new DVD, so I'm guessing it's a bug with the import process that's causing a problem.

I've noticed that importing a backup I've made without cover scans alters the number of incorrect UPCs/Disc ids version 3 reports. So I'd suggest trying to import it from a back up you do without coverscans (if you still have the 2.4 or 2.5 installed) or entering from scratch.
IVS Registered: January 2, 2002
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
I did import with covers, but 6 out of the 7 did not have a cover, so maybe that has something to do with it. Still, since it seems that they can be submitted it's not really a problem, more of a cosmetic flaw in the import process.
Gunnar
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next