Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
15,000+ Club
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWigram
Don't blink!
Canada Posts: 949
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Battling Butler:
Quote:
Quoting GeneinOrlando:
Quote:
Well, .... still haven't kicked this miserable habit! Cruised on past 16,000 this past week 

how many have you actually watched ?

But is it really about watching? Does a stamp collector plan to mail that many letters?

Periodically, I ask myself why do I buy DVDs (particularly old TV series) that I am unlikely to ever watch. In those moments, I decide to stop buying, even deleting the daily newletters from videoETA.com or Bluray.com without reading them. It generally lasts about a week before I get too miserable... and I start collecting again.

Hi, my name is Wigram; I collect DVD because I am a collector.

PS: Now I don't think I would want to belong to the 15000+ club. I'm dreading the next time I have to ask my wife if I can take over yet another wall in the house to build another shelf...
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantJMGuer
Portugal Posts: 217
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Wigram:
Quote:
Quoting Battling Butler:
Quote:
Quoting GeneinOrlando:
Quote:
Well, .... still haven't kicked this miserable habit! Cruised on past 16,000 this past week 

But is it really about watching? Does a stamp collector plan to mail that many letters?

Indeed.
In my case, no, its not. There are sites on the internet where one can watch movies for free, if that is the extent of one's interest. I have yet to watch a movie online....simply have no interest.
My interest is in watching what I collect: movies on DVD/ Bluray that I have purchased.....and collecting said DVDs, cataloging/profiling them (something I actually enjoy doing, and have done sine the early 1980s, long before I joined DVDP), and, yes, watching them.

Have I seen them all? Hell, no. Doesn't stop me from buying more, on a weekly basis, by the armload.

Quoting Battling Butler:
Quote:
Quoting GeneinOrlando:
Quote:

LOL.
Same question might be asked of any DVDP member. This is, after all, a place where (most) users display their DVD collections on line for all to see.

Take a look at some thread titles:

What DVDs have you bought this week?  (not how many have you watched)
What Blu-rays have you Bought this Week (not how many have you watched)
5000+ Club
1000+ Club
The 2000+ Club
DVDs / BluRays purchased 2014 
What I bought last year
DVDs / BluRays purchased 2013
DVDs / BluRays purchased 2015

etc.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantgardibolt
digitally Obsessed
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
This guy thinks he's in the club too. But he's counting VHS and LD, which I think is cheating.
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantGeneinOrlando
United States Posts: 82
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Well, just eased on past 19,000 .... 

Guess that when/if I pass 20K, I'll have to begin a new thread.

Gene

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/GeneinOrlando
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1 2  Previous   Next