Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Lost my columns in the Discs view and can't get them back!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSquirrelecto
United Kingdom Posts: 793
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I was playing about with the column widths to get it looking nice, and I also deselected two of the columns (Location and Slot) via the right click menu so that they wouldn't display and it was all pretty much how I wanted it to be.

However, when I next restarted DVDProfiler, I found I had also lost the Disc Num and Description columns, like so:

I can't seem to get these back! I have tried using the right click menu to deselect and reselect but it doesn't seem to do anything (can't get Location and Slot back either). I have also tried reloading my saved theme, tried loading one of the Invelos default themes, and also tried the Reset All Menus button in Options but all seem to ignore the Discs window.

Anything else I can try?
 Last edited: by Squirrelecto
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributor?
?
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
pressing [CTRL] while opening dvd profiler?
Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
 Last edited: by ?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorVoltaire53
Missed again!
United Kingdom Posts: 2,293
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Giga Wizard:
Quote:
pressing [CTRL] while opening dvd profiler?

I think it's CTRL ALT SHIFT...

Then, when you have something you're quite happy with Save it between modifications so you can restore to it... it's like Backup only less disastrous if you mess it up
It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
That worked. Got the columns back. Thanks guys. 
Posted:
Ah but if I untick the Location and Slot columns and resize the Description column in the Disc Info area, then on the next start of DVDProfiler, all of the Disc Info columns disappear again! 
?
Posted:
Quote:
for the default high resolution layout
when i unselect the location box (from the right click column) it disapears as it should.
when richtclik on the coloms and select again the location column reapears.

is this not XP skin related, I think its operation under XP standard skin is normal.
Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
 Last edited: by ?
Posted:
Quoting Giga Wizard:
Quote:
when i unselect the location box (from the right click column) it disapears as it should.
when richtclik on the coloms and select again the location column reapears.

It's fine until you exit and then reload DVDProfiler. Unselect both location and slot, then resize the description column, then exit and reload.
?
Posted:
both horizontal bars
-------------
disc Info |
-------------
#
-----------
stay visible and with rightclick on disc info, i can reselect location and slot
double cliciking the vertical bar expands both bars
Posted:
I tried it with the regular XP style, and it did it again but on the 2nd restart. I deselected everything from the Disc Info field other than Disc Num. 

EDIT - I have Side B Dual Layer and Side B Disc ID ticked which don't seem to be selected when you start with SHIFT-CTRL-ALT
Posted:
OK, I've got it to hold as long as I don't double click on the vertical bar between Disc Info and Side A.

Even without deselecting anything, if I double click on that vertical bar so that the field resizes, exit and restart, all Disc Info columns are not displayed.

Can you try that please Giga? Just a straight double click on the black vertical resize bar that appears between the Disc Info and Side A columns, then restart Profiler? Thanks
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantxyrano
41215.reg 70320.urk
Sweden Posts: 646
Posted:
I was just able to re-produce this error. I had selected a profile that didn't have any discs attached. Hid the said columns. Resized Description column. Exit. Start and the Disc Info area was gone.

It looks as though it auto hides these columns at start-up: Disc Info, Side A, Side B if there are no content to display.

Now, how to get it back... hmmm... Start and hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT worked.

[Edit]
This may not be a error though, You choose to hide Location and Slot, right. Then there is no reason to Show Disc Info. Except if you need Disc Num. At least this is what I figured Ken though.
[/Edit]
 Last edited: by xyrano
Posted:
Thanks for trying it out xyrano.

Quoting xyrano:
Quote:

[Edit]
This may not be a error though, You choose to hide Location and Slot, right. Then there is no reason to Show Disc Info. Except if you need Disc Num. At least this is what I figured Ken though.
[/Edit]

Well, yeah, I'd like to keep Disc Num if possible

Also, once those columns 'disappear', right clicking to re-select them turns the 'tick' on for each one but doesn't show the column. Only way to get them back is with the CTRL-ALT-SHIFT start up. Can't think that would be intentional?
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantxyrano
41215.reg 70320.urk
Sweden Posts: 646
Posted:
Quoting Squirrel.God:
Quote:
Thanks for trying it out xyrano.

Quoting xyrano:
Quote:

[Edit]
[/Edit]

Well, yeah, I'd like to keep Disc Num if possible

Also, once those columns 'disappear', right clicking to re-select them turns the 'tick' on for each one but doesn't show the column. Only way to get them back is with the CTRL-ALT-SHIFT start up. Can't think that would be intentional?

Bug or not a bug, that is the question... j/k
Yea, it's a bit annoying that there isn't an easier way to restore it (via the menuitems). Hopefully, Ken will add this to his todo list.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next