Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Android: Android Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Problems(?) on Note2
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantCephiros
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I Really hope this is a problem and not intended functionality.

I Have 2 issues, the first is whenever i try to update a database, online or shared, it re downloads the entire database, takes about 2 hours if not longer for around 1500 movies, every update which leads into the second problem

I Have a Samsung note2 which has an AMOLED screen and is prone to "burn in" whenever i shiitake mushroom the screen off, whether or not the program is in the background or foreground the sync cancels.

I Have been using DVD Profiler for...along time, not sure how long.. and i own it for windows, windows mobile and now android, never had any issues. However this time around with the combination 2 hours transfer per update, inability to use the phone while update and high burn in probability makes the android version all but useless to me...which is a shame because ive been waiting for it for a long time, if these are bugs with work arounds or fixes in progress let me know the work arounds, if this is intended functionality, I Implore you to reconsider how it works.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorpdf256
PC, iOS and Android
United States Posts: 810
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
After the first transfer the updates should just be the changes; very quick.

Switching back and forth between the two update methods might be causing the full update each time. Ken said in a recent post that it is best to pick one and stay with it (this might be why).

pdf
Paul Francis
San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA
 Last edited: by pdf256
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDragon 6
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have the Note 2 with a 1450 data base. The first setup took a little over an hour. I only run the 1 local and have done a second update and it took moments do to it only transferred what the pc did not have.
Posted:
Ok, thanks for that info, i will drop the online update method thank you for the reply, i will try later today when i have a chance and let you know,
Posted:
I can verify this now it updates fast when not switching back and forth, so I deleted the online sync. Thank you!

And good job on the android port it looks great and works decent, I look forward to seeing all the little bugs and crashes dissappear in coming updates!

Thank you!
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Android: Android Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next