Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next
Restore from online Db
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSrehtims
United States Posts: 1,796
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I always knew I would never get back my total DB from the online db.
But I just had to test it.
Besides not get back everything I up loaded, I no longer had any Tags and box sets no were nested under their parent profile. This why I maintain multiply copies backed up on external drives, because after over 13 years of collecting the darn shinny things, if I lost my db, I would never rebuild, I don't think I've got that much time left on this earth..

Default    Down Loaded
All                19,999      16,405
Owned        18,820      15,336
Ordered              32              6
Wish List          470          433
Misc.                452          421
Great Courses  225          209
(Lectures)
We don't need stinkin' IMDB's errors, we make our own.
Ineptocracy, You got to love it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Srehtims:
Quote:
I always knew I would never get back my total DB from the online db.

You should!
Quote:
But I just had to test it.

If you are bored and are very patient, try uploading an empty db and then re-upload your real one (takes some 5 minutes for me so it may take an hour for you)
Sometimes the Online-List gets out of sync even with regular uploads.

My test:
              Default  Test1
All          1373      1373
Owned    1340      1009
Ordered    1          1
Wish List  32        32
Star Trek  198        198
Anime      133        133

The 331 profiles missing from Owned are the ones in the Custom Collections, the "include in Owned" obviously is not carried over to the test-machine. Tags and Watched-Dates are present however.

But there is a reason I put it in the third place on Data Recovery 

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributoreommen
DVD nerd
Netherlands Posts: 485
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mithi:
Quote:

The 331 profiles missing from Owned are the ones in the Custom Collections, the "include in Owned" obviously is not carried over to the test-machine. Tags and Watched-Dates are present however.
cya, Mithi

The implication of that would be that any profiles in a custom collection, which you do not include in "owned" for whatever reason, would not be uploaded and thus visible for scrutiny on contributions. Seems not quite right to me. Anyone made a test to confirm this?

It adds also to the already often made complaint that the "Online Collection" show facility is heavily outdated. IMHO it should show any custom categories (if included in the upload) and offer to let these being seen via checkboxes.
Eric

If it is important, say it. Otherwise, let silence speak.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting eommen:
Quote:
The implication of that would be that any profiles in a custom collection, which you do not include in "owned" for whatever reason, would not be uploaded and thus visible for scrutiny on contributions.

Slight misunderstanding: the profiles are downloaded, and they get sorted into the right custom collection, only the  "Include in Owned" switch gets lost.

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next