Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next
Searching for online collections
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantThe Heppner Cinema
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Is there a place to search for other user's online collections?
Wondering when common sense will ever be common.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoubleDownAgain
I see better with 'em on
Canada Posts: 1,272
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Not sure what you mean by search for... but you can view other peoples collection through their profile page, by clicking on their username, and then clicking on the View collection now link.  I linked your collection in the link.
HDTV: 52" Toshiba Regza 52XV545U  AVR: Onkyo TR-707
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 7 v6, CC-190 & Atom Monitors  Subwoofer: Definitive Technology ProSub 800
BD/DVD: Oppo BDP-93 (Region Free)  HD PVR: Motorola DXC3400 500GB w/ 1TB Expander
BD/DVD/Game: 250GB PS3 Slim DVD/Game: 250GB XBox 360 Elite Special Edition (Black) Game: Wii
Remote: Logitech Harmony One w/ PS3 Adapter WHS: Acer H341 Windows Home Server
Posted:
I know how to view my collection but I would like to view other users (my inlaws) collections.
Posted:
\i guess maybe he's not registered cause it doesn't give me an option to view his collection?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoubleDownAgain
I see better with 'em on
Canada Posts: 1,272
Posted:
Quoting Dragon's Lair:
Quote:
\i guess maybe he's not registered cause it doesn't give me an option to view his collection?

That's probably it, from:

http://www.invelos.com/dvdpro/Registration.aspx

Upload and share your collection with the DVD Profiler Online feature - Unavailable after 50 DVDs
HDTV: 52" Toshiba Regza 52XV545U  AVR: Onkyo TR-707
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 7 v6, CC-190 & Atom Monitors  Subwoofer: Definitive Technology ProSub 800
BD/DVD: Oppo BDP-93 (Region Free)  HD PVR: Motorola DXC3400 500GB w/ 1TB Expander
BD/DVD/Game: 250GB PS3 Slim DVD/Game: 250GB XBox 360 Elite Special Edition (Black) Game: Wii
Remote: Logitech Harmony One w/ PS3 Adapter WHS: Acer H341 Windows Home Server
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBlair
Resistance is Futile!
United States Posts: 1,249
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Unregistered members can upload to the online collection so long as they have 50 or fewer DVDs in their list at the time of the upload. There are two possibilities:

1) The person has never uploaded their collection online... be it for DDA's reason or just having never tried it before.

or

2) The person's profile is set to full privacy through the website going to "My Profiler -> Online Collection Settings" and on the next page changing the "Visibility" to Private.

If instead you are seeing the "View collection now" link but clicking it brings up "Online Collection Not Viewable," I believe this is because the person is unregistered and online collections of unregistered users cannot be viewed even by the collection owner (turning it into more of an online backup rather than helpful for online viewing.)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

He who MUST get the last word in on a pointless, endless argument doesn't win. It makes him the bigger jerk.
 Last edited: by Blair
Posted:
Thanks, it looks like he had never uploaded his collection so I walked him through it.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next