Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next
"Media Type" Requests - '3D' * 'Digital Copy' * 'Laser Disk' * 'VHS'
AZHemi
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hello,

Was looking for something to manage my every expanding media library and purchased DVD Profiler for iOS after seeing a post in an AV forum.

I've been experimenting with the program - adding deleting titles, uploading to the 'cloud' and downloading to another iOS device to get a fell for the functionality of the program and I noticed that there are currently only two 'Media Types' (DVD, Blu-ray).

I'd be really interested in seeing additional media types added, especially for 'Digital Copy' and '3D' plus maybe an 'Other' field for those few 'Laser Disk' (yep...still have some of those!) and 'VHS' (and again...still have some of those).

The two most important of course being '3D' and 'Digital Copy' as those are expanding portions of my collection whereas the 'Laser Disk' and 'VHS' are shrinking ('Other' would be nice though )
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeForum Moderator
Invelos Forum Moderator
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Download and install DVD Profiler for Windows -  you can add custom media types there.  You can then use the sync feature to copy between the two.
AZHemi
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Forum Moderator:
Quote:
Download and install DVD Profiler for Windows -  you can add custom media types there.  You can then use the sync feature to copy between the two.

Awesome...I'll give that a try!
AZHemi
Posted:
Hmmm...tried that but I don't see where the added 'Media Type' fields are being imported into the iOS application.

Desktop - Tools > Edit Media Types > Add

*Add 'iTunes Digital Copy' as Media Type
*Add 'Amazing Spider-Man' as DVD
*Edit 'Amazing Spider-Man' to deselect 'DVD' as Media Type and select 'iTunes Digital Copy'
*Sync to invelos.com

iOS App
*Open iOS App
*Sync to invelos.com
*Check that 'Amazing Spider-Man' has been added to collection
*Attempt to add new title directly from iOS App

...the only options available are still DVD or Blu-Ray?

'Amazing Spider-Man' shows up without any designation DVD/Blu-Ray in the iOS App but I still don't see a way to directly add a digital copy of a movie without first adding it as a DVD or Blu-ray and then editing it...and that is true whether I'm on the iOS App or the Desktop App?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTheMadMartian
Alien with an attitude
United States Posts: 13,198
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
You have to sync the iOS device with your desktop for the changes to cross over.  Once done, you should have them on your device.
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.
The Centauri learned this lesson once.
We will teach it to them again.
Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
- Citizen G'Kar
AZHemi
Posted:
Quoting TheMadMartian:
Quote:
You have to sync the iOS device with your desktop for the changes to cross over.  Once done, you should have them on your device.

Thanks TMM - will take another look at it.  Was syncing with Invelos.com and not the Desktop App...sure I must be doing something wrong.
AZHemi
Posted:
OK...I think to do what I was looking to accomplish I would have to purchase the desktop version. 

Thanks to TMM, I now have a 'Media Type' of 'Digital Copy" listing under Collection and Showcase for the titles that I added within the trial version of the Desktop App; however I don't see a way within the iOS App to change the 'Media Type' of an existing entry added from within the iOS App (even from DVD to Blu-ray).
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantgardibolt
digitally Obsessed
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
There still isn't any way to filter for just 3D discs on iOS, is there?  If there is, I can't find it/figure it out.
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."
digitally Obsessed
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Still no way to get 3D media type in iOS?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,508
Posted:
Quoting gardibolt:
Quote:
Still no way to get 3D media type in iOS?

You can always create a tag in Windows Profiler, and then filter on that tag in iOS. Not ideal, perhaps, but at least a work-around.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
digitally Obsessed
Posted:
That's an idea, thanks.  I always forget about tags since I use them so seldom.
 Last edited: by gardibolt
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorgreyghost
United States Posts: 1,401
Posted:
Add a custom media type of Blu-Ray 3D, it will transfer to IOS and show up under media types in the IOS filters
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next