Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next
Universal's 100th Anniversary
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorOldMan56
No Horror Movie is Bad
United States Posts: 1,387
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I just bought The Blues Brothers (Universal 100th Anniversary)1980 and American Graffiti (Universal 100th Anniversary) 1973 from Walmart yesterday. According to Amazon The UPC should be 025192138003 for the Blues Brothers and 025192134241 for American Graffiti. But  the UPC for Blues Brothers is 025192674426 and 025195051026 for American Graffiti. Ether Amazon is wrong or Walmart is playing a fast one on thier customers. They were in a display case marked $7.50 they both were in the Universal 100th Anniversary slip cover. What are your thoughts?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
United States Posts: 1,598
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
WM may have a separate UPC.  Supposedly, the Universal 100th Anniversary releases at WM come with an exclusive collectible card which may explain the different UPC.

EDIT:  The DVDProfiler database shows the following UPCs which match with the contributed images.

Original released: 025192-073007
100th Anniversary: 025192-129537

Is the UPC on a sticker attached to the shrinkwrap?
 Last edited: by rdodolak
No Horror Movie is Bad
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting rdodolak:
Quote:
WM may have a separate UPC.  Supposedly, the Universal 100th Anniversary releases at WM come with an exclusive collectible card which may explain the different UPC.

EDIT:  The DVDProfiler database shows the following UPCs which match with the contributed images.

Original released: 025192-073007
100th Anniversary: 025192-129537

Is the UPC on a sticker attached to the shrinkwrap?

The only shrink wrap was on the keep cases with the slip covers over them no other UPC on them. No card for The Blues Brothers, the keep case reads 25th anniversary edition Widescreen. For American Graffiti no card and keep case reads American Graffiti Special Edition.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
United States Posts: 1,598
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Eeh, I was thinking blu-ray and you were talking about the DVD. 

According to DVD Empire they have the same UPC listed as Amazon for the 100th Anniversary DVD.  Looking at the scan of the back cover art you can't tell what the actual UPC is on the case.  It looks like there's a sticker UPC on the actual case in their scan.

Blues Brothers: 100th Anniversary Edition

It's also possible Universal used some existing stock they had lying around and simply added the new slipcover to it.
No Horror Movie is Bad
Posted:
Quoting rdodolak:
Quote:

According to DVD Empire they have the same UPC listed as Amazon for the 100th Anniversary DVD.  Looking at the scan of the back cover art you can't tell what the actual UPC is on the case.  It looks like there's a sticker UPC on the actual case in their scan.

It's also possible Universal used some existing stock they had lying around and simply added the new slipcover to it.

Thanks it sound about right probably used up existing stock.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantlcummins
Posted:
Quoting OldMan56:
Quote:
Quoting rdodolak:
Quote:

Thanks it sound about right probably used up existing stock.

I think most of the 100th Anniversary DVD's (not Blu-rays) are just the last version with new slipcovers... I could be wrong, but that seems to be the case for most of the ones I've seen.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: DVD Profiler Online Page: 1  Previous   Next