Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 5 6 7 8 9  Previous   Next
New Plugin: Profile Contribution Assistant (DVDPca)
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting ruineddaydreams:
Quote:
so I finally got around to checking this out... very cool, but I am having a stupid problem. I am trying to use this to fill in the blanks on a profile that I already created, but is totally empty. I can't seem to figure out how to transfer the scan and inputed data into the actual profile. I think my mistake is I assumed this was automatic, or a simple button press, or copy/paste. But i only find new profile creation or save as xml... and I cant figure out what to do next...

Let me know so I can continue to test this out.

Thanks for the hard work!

Hmmm, I didn't think of that case ... 

I'll try to put an option in for that.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorruineddaydreams
United States Posts: 1,338
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
So I should make a new profile with the tool then copy/paste and then delete the newly created?
-JoN
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting ruineddaydreams:
Quote:
So I should make a new profile with the tool then copy/paste and then delete the newly created?

No, I thought your case was different (see below). If you create a new profile with DVDPca, you can edit it within DVDP as normal. Caveat, at the moment, there is a bug where I forgot to do a save after the Edit Profile that is called within the plugin. But if you exit the plugin, you can edit the newly created profile normally. No need to copy/paste and delete it. That bug should be fixed next release.

Your case, I thought, was: beginning with an existing profile, start the plugin and scan a DVD, then I thought you wanted to update the existing profile with data from the just scanned disc - there is no menu for that yet, but I was planning to add it. Was my understanding incorrect?
Thanks for your support.
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
No you were 100% correct. I already created the UPC code, title, and added personal info. I want to go back and now fill out those profiles. The problem is the plugin says "error upc already exists" and nothing happens. I have yet been able to get the gleamed info into a profile at all, new or existing... so obviously I am missing something somewhere.

I thought I could create a new profile using the tool. then use dvdp to copy / paste that info into my already existing profile that I want to fill out. But I can't even figure out how to do that. I am usually pretty good with computers and programs, but this has me stumped. Surely I am having a senile moment and it's actually quite easy. What am I missing?
-JoN
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting ruineddaydreams:
Quote:
No you were 100% correct. I already created the UPC code, title, and added personal info. I want to go back and now fill out those profiles. The problem is the plugin says "error upc already exists" and nothing happens. I have yet been able to get the gleamed info into a profile at all, new or existing... so obviously I am missing something somewhere.

I thought I could create a new profile using the tool. then use dvdp to copy / paste that info into my already existing profile that I want to fill out. But I can't even figure out how to do that. I am usually pretty good with computers and programs, but this has me stumped. Surely I am having a senile moment and it's actually quite easy. What am I missing?

You didn't miss anything. As I said before, I didn't consider that case, so the tool doesn't support it yet. Now I understand what you meant - as a workaround, you could copy/paste from the new profile (using a manual profileID), then delete it. So I think the step you missed is the fact that you need to use a different, temporary, profileID for the new profile that you eventually intend to delete.

Next release, I will fix this. But until then, you can use your workaround, or use the scenario that I originally had in mind: first create the new profile with tool, then use DVDP to finish adding personal and other DVD info.
Thanks for your support.
Posted:
Ok I have it working as you intended. Looking forward to the next version. Thanks!!
-JoN
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
DVDPca V1.18 Available  (V1.17 Withdrawn)

- Added subtitles supported in DVDP 3.8.1
- Added menu item for copying scanned info into an existing profile
- Suppressed the V1 IFO scan. Now only V2 is available
- Fixed: Error in saving edited profile immediately after profile creation
- Fixed: Other features was not transferred to created profile
- Improved tooltip for UPC/EAN
- Fixed: Error in manual profile entry in UPC/EAN field
- Quick fix to V1.17 to remove profile delete on error during update

As usual, please make sure that you have backups for any database on which this plugin is used.

Also, please note that as new functions are added to this (and any other) plugin, my ability to throroughly test gets reduced dramatically as the number of features increases. Take extra care in evaluating whether the plugin is producing the results you expect, and promptly report any serious errors. Thanks in advance for this.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWigram
Don't blink!
Canada Posts: 949
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thans for the update. It worked fine for several DVDs and BDs but not for this BD:
OSS 117 Rio ne répond plus... (UPC 824255005456.19 )

Last edited: by Wigram
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Thanks. For once, seems like I got a decent error trap. I'll take a look at the code. It probably means that folder is not on the disc. If that's all it is, I can certainly handle that case more gracefully and continue processing. By the way, if you have the ability to "explore" the BD folders, could you either post or PM me the listing - example: "dir D:\*.* /s > c:\bdfolders.txt" creates a text file that will tell me how the disc is laid out. Just copy / paste the contents of bdfolders.txt.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWigram
Don't blink!
Canada Posts: 949
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
 Last edited: by Wigram
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Ok, got it. Thanks! For easier browsing, feel free to delete the post at your convenience.

Edit: My hunch was correct. My code was assuming the existence of a folder, that in fact was not present on that disc (the Movie Title is usually in an XML file in that folder). The fix is coded, but I'll wait a few days to see if any other bugs crop up that I can fix and package into a new release. Thanks again for the diagnostic help. If you absolutely need it sooner, PM me.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorParsec
Australia Posts: 428
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
*gulp* I'm in trouble, mediadogg is going to kill me....

I, um, err, umm, found out why DVDPca wasn't working on my system

I don't use Windows Media Player... Seems once it's enabled in Windows DVDPca now works fine without the error.

Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting Parsec:
Quote:
*gulp* I'm in trouble, mediadogg is going to kill me....

I, um, err, umm, found out why DVDPca wasn't working on my system

I don't use Windows Media Player... Seems once it's enabled in Windows DVDPca now works fine without the error.

Great. Glad you figured it out. We will all be smarter when it happens to the next guy! 

It does make me wonder if I could detect that, and send a message to the user. So, there was definitely some good that came from the experience. If it makes you feel any better, I still consider it to be a bug. No program should ever fail. If the data is bad, or the system is bad, or whatever, the program should handle it and give the user some information. That's the theory - kind of impossible to do in practice, especially when there are so many layers of programs that one individual does not control.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorParsec
Australia Posts: 428
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Best to add it to the list of dependencies I think. "Requires .NET 2.0 and Windows Media Player"
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting Parsec:
Quote:
Best to add it to the list of dependencies I think. "Requires .NET 2.0 and Windows Media Player"

Good idea.    Done. And I think it solves an old issue with LoadDVD Pro - just have to dig through the threads, PMs and emails to find who the user was that had the problem. It was a while back.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,308
Posted:
I just got an error... It is probably some error on the disc... not sure if anything can be done about it. But I popped in disc 1 of Scrubs: Season 9... and got an error pop-up saying too many titles.

It brought up 256 titles... all at 1min. 41sec.

Never seen this one happen before so thought maybe I should show you. Other then whatever that error is... the disc plays perfectly.

I also found it a little odd the audio wasn't read... that field usually works for me. I don't think I ever seen anything in the General Cont'd fields though. 
Pete
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 5 6 7 8 9  Previous   Next