Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...9  Previous   Next
New Plugin: Profile Contribution Assistant (DVDPca)
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Standalone DVDPcaV1.11 Available

Obsolete. Please use V1.14.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
DVDPcaV1.14 Available

Dowwnload here.

- Added new IFO Parser.
- Edit DVD will now bring up any profile for which the UPC / Locality has been typed into the disc info. The run time from the IFO scan is loaded into the Windows Clipboard before the Edit screen is displayed, allowing you to paste the runtime if desired.

Please help me check out the new IFO parser. If it is as good as I think it might be, I will rip out the old one.

There are now two buttons, IFO Scan V1 - the old method, and IFO Scan V2 - the new method. They should produce identical results most of the time. When they are different, I expect V2 to be more accurate and correct.

Please let me know if you see any cases where IFO scan V1 is better / more accurate than V2!!!! And please be prepared to send me a copy of the IFO files that caused it.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantwoodg
Australia Posts: 154
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have just installed v1.14 and I have some issues. Maybe someone can help?

Firstly, this is the first time I have downloaded and installed this plugin. I have DVDProfiler 3.8.1 build 1535 and am using Windows Vista.
I created a folder in c:/program files called DVDpca and copied all files from the zip archive to this folder. I ran the plugin install. That seemed to install OK and I found the plugin under the Tools menu option.
When I try and run the plugin I get an error message "Font 'Arial Narrow' does not support style 'Regular'" Do I need a new font?

The standalone version also gives a Windows error "DVDpca has stopped working. A propblem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." This then gives an option to Debug. Just for kicks I clicked on the Debut option and I get what looks to be a Visual Studio message "An unhandled exception ('System.ArgumentException') occurred in DVDPcaV1.14.exe [13364]."

Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong?
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
I can't see where you did anything that would cause those issues. But I have to say that it is weird stuff like this that lead me to abandon Vista a long time ago. And I even withdrew Vista support from my plugins.

But I noticed recently that Invelos now officially supports Vista. I have also made the statement that I will support my plugins wherever DVDP runs. So I am stuck. I have to help you! 

(1) The Font issues can probably be solved by installing the requested Font. I remember those days. I think there are many web posts with instructions for installing missing Vista fonts. I recall that it was pretty easy.

(2) The other issue could be the same, maybe resulting in a different error message - or not. The standalone and plugin versions are actually identical code. I will do some checking to make sure the installtion file has all the necessary components for first time installation.

I would appreciate feedback from any other users - anybody else seeing errors?
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
I just confirmed correct operation on my wife's Windows 7 machine, where it was previously not installed. I did get a message about the use of ffmpeg, but it was simply a one-time authorization dialog. The program worked correctly after I said "yes."

Unfortunately I no longer have a Vista test environment, and am reluctant to create one. But if there are a lot of error reports coming in the futire, I might be forced to at some point in time.

I wish I could help more. If I think of something else, I will post right away. Sorry for your trouble.
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
I guess no news is good news ... but anybody using this thing?

I would love to know whether it is meeting its intended purpose of making contributions easier. I would like to get some idea about the quality, accuracy and amount of metadata you are getting, and whether in fact you can quickly generate a profile shell as the basis of a contribution.

I'm assuming I would have heard about any serious issues by now, but I am interested in any feedback.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,308
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
I am using it... working nicely. No problems with the IFO scanner as I told you in PM... only seen differences using the 2 scanners once. So looks like it is a rare thing.

I put quite a few DVDs through it now. And I don't remember ever seeing anything come up under the General (cont'd) section. But I guess that is normal considering the stuff that is in that section? Something that will rarely fill?
Pete
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWigram
Don't blink!
Canada Posts: 949
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm using it a lot, too. No problems whatsoever.

IFO Scan V2 gives almost always the same info as V1. When it is different, it gives a little more, in the "General" section. In my experience, DVDPca finds something in this section for about one DVD in 20; generally it's the release date, rating, media and more rarely, director and cast.

EDIT: here is an example for a disc just received today (V1 and V2 give the same)
 Last edited: by Wigram
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
I guess no news is good news ... but anybody using this thing?

Yepp, otherwise we would cry bloody murder! 
Used it recently to spot check the 49 DVDs of my "Star Trek: The Next Generation: 20th Anniversary Collection" to update some of the audio and subtitles that were missing, while I was at adding "color" to them.

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
 Last edited: by Mithi
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Oh joy. Thanks guys. I'm taking a break for a few days. Bleary-eyed, watching Battlestar Gallactica Marathon on Netflix. Loving it. Can't even sleep. I started in the middle of 3.8.0 to 3.8.1 plugin updates, and haven't gotten much sleep since.

Also rewiring my Home Theater with better cables. Picked up Beethoven 9 Symphonies on Blu-ray. Rocks the house!

Oh, and anybody into Pink? Watched a bit of Fun house Tour on Palladia. Her rendition of Queen stuff was awesome. Gotta get that on BD someday.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorruineddaydreams
United States Posts: 1,338
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Looks really cool - ill be trying this out later in the week! I'll let you know how it goes.
-JoN
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantwoodg
Australia Posts: 154
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
I previously reported an issue with this. I had an error saying that there was a font problem. I solved it by re-installing all of my Arial fonts. It appears that the font Arial Narrow is used in the plugin and I didn't originally have that font installed. It works now!
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting woodg:
Quote:
I previously reported an issue with this. I had an error saying that there was a font problem. I solved it by re-installing all of my Arial fonts. It appears that the font Arial Narrow is used in the plugin and I didn't originally have that font installed. It works now!

That is great to hear. Sometimes people forget to come back and give updates, so I really appreciate you taking the time to do it.
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting Wigram:
Quote:
I'm using it a lot, too. No problems whatsoever.

IFO Scan V2 gives almost always the same info as V1. When it is different, it gives a little more, in the "General" section. In my experience, DVDPca finds something in this section for about one DVD in 20; generally it's the release date, rating, media and more rarely, director and cast.

Thanks for those stats. That metadata is stored in specific designated areas on the disc, but unfortunately it is totally optional to put in. Some DVD authors do, some don't.

The real bummer is that for Blu-rays, there isn't even a place to put it - at least I'm not aware of any. If anybody knows where to find more, I will jump right on it. It is probably business politics - you are forced to use commercial databases such as GraceNote to get the metadata - otherwise manually enter it yourself. And by using DVD Profiler, we share the load.
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
DVDPcaV1.15 Available

Dowwnload here.

- Fixed: some changes don't stick when Edit Profile run from DVDPca
- UPC/EAN field is no longer cleared when the IFO scan is run. What you type in stays there.
- When DVDPca is first loaded, the UPC and Locality of the currently displayed DVD are loaded into the manual entry boxes. That means you can run Edit Profile immediately after a scan, and manually update any desired metadata gleaned from the scan. The scanned running time has been loaded into the Clipboard.
- To aid in making updates to a box set, the DVDPca "DVD Profiler" menu automatically changes "Edit Profile" to a dropdown menu that includes the Parent and all Child profiles in the box set. So it is possible to perform a cycle of: Scan Child disc, Edit Profile - Child, Scan another Child disc, Edit Profile - Child, etc.
This is possible because the parent profile ID remains in the manual entry fields across all the scans, in order to keep the dropdown working until you are done.

Note: to create a new profile, it is still necessary to manually type in the UPC and set the Locality of the desired new profile. An attempt to create an existing profile results in a warning message.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,308
Posted:
Tested out the newest version with a handful of discs so far... all working great Like the new box set Edit Profile thing...

Great work as always! 
Pete
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...9  Previous   Next