Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Incomplete transfers from iPhone - PC
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantmjs1388
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've been using profiler for PC for years since cataloguing my parents DVDs and nearly wet myself when i discovered I could have it on my iphone too. I now have 3 databases on the go, my parents (roughly 1000 dvds which I still have access to), my own smaller collection, and I've just created one for the shared house I'm now living in. With all this on my phone I thought it was worth getting it backed up on my computer but in trying to transfer to my laptop (newly loaded with DVD Profiler as I had previously used my parents PC) I have now lost more than half of my DVD profiles! for some reason my parents database dropped to less than 400 DVDs on both iphone and PC when I transferred it (this I can at least update when I'm there next), so I fiddled around and tried again with a smaller database (only 59 DVDs) sure enough it is now down to 35 with no way of restoring (yes I know I should have backed up my phone first but frankly I think it would take longer to restore than rescanning the extra DVDs and I couldn't be bothered). I'm now down to the one database that I particularly want to back up and share with my housemates and I'm afraid to touch it and loose all my hard work. The update appears to complete without a hitch until I look at the number of DVDs before and after, I can't see any pattern to suggest why certain profiles aren't copying, and I'm completely at a loss as to why this is happening. I am transferring to a new (empty) database each time so it seems to me that it should either work or not, not do a half-assed job and say its done (I get enough of that living with four 20-something males)
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantmjs1388
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Additional: having noticed a couple of mentions to parental controls in other threads I thought I'd have another look and there are a few MA/R rated survivors in my collection, so I don't think that's the issue (turned it off anyway)
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next