Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
Can't Open/Play! Must be missing something?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDeino
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Sorry in advance for being a noob!
I have tried trolling this forum with the hope of discovering a fix for this problem. Using Win7 64bit, Have 3.7.1 build of DVDPro and version 2.5 of LoadDVD. Tried following Jim's instructions to the letter for getting an .ISO DVD to play from my Media server but without success. I use VCD from Slysoft to mount and PowerDVD BD edition to run the movie.
added: "file" to location and "E:\DVD Movies\10 Things I Hate About You.iso" to notes as E: is the drive the iso file is on. Please help????
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,404
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Deino:
Quote:
Sorry in advance for being a noob!
I have tried trolling this forum with the hope of discovering a fix for this problem. Using Win7 64bit, Have 3.7.1 build of DVDPro and version 2.5 of LoadDVD. Tried following Jim's instructions to the letter for getting an .ISO DVD to play from my Media server but without success. I use VCD from Slysoft to mount and PowerDVD BD edition to run the movie.
added: "file" to location and "E:\DVD Movies\10 Things I Hate About You.iso" to notes as E: is the drive the iso file is on. Please help????

Yeah, I've added so many things to that plugin trying to satisfy all requests, that it has gotten a bit out of hand. You are mixing a couple of different approaches. Using "file" for mounting of ISO's is not one of the scenarios I remember. "File" is used to play media that have been associated with some program sch as VLC player, WMP, etc. "Play" is most often used with PlayFromDisk.bat to play ISOs - that is, unless you are using VLC player associated with the ".ISO" filetype. That sometimes works with "file" depending on your system and how it has been configured.

Try this User Guide for Playing ISOs that I wrote for LoadDVD Pro users. Most of it is also applicable to LoadDVD. Just ignore the parts that talk about the built-in media player. All the scripts should work.

Keep me posted in the LoadDVD thread. BTW, you are missing the "[FILEPATH]" and "[/FILEPATH]" tags in your notes entry. You must have missed that part of the instructions. I also describe a way to use an HTML URL to specify the filepath in the first post of the LoadDVD thread.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDeino
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thanks Mediadogg, simple fix in the end. All I did was as you suggested by copying your filepath instructions and then adding the destintation on my own PC into it and walah! As I said...NOOB!
Sorry again for making a mountain out of the proverbial molehill.
Thanks Mate!
Deino
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next