Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Slow sync
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantJohan1FS
South Africa Posts: 153
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have just over 5000 entries syncing at the moment on iPhone with iOS 4.2.1.

Just the profiles have now taken almost 2 hours, it has not started with the images yet...

I've docked the iPhone next to the WiFi router to make sure it has perfect reception (maybe it is TOO close! )

My laptop running the DVDP is a not brand new, but has 2GB RAM and a 2.2GHz processor running Windows 7 connected with a 1Gbps cable to the router, which is only 54Mbps unfortunately.

Is this normal or have I been targeted to test my patience?! 
---
¡Hola!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMuckl
That's my common name.
Germany Posts: 858
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Mine went a lot faster. Roughly 2000 profiles took about half an hour, profiles and front covers in total.

1.0.1, iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.1.0

Trivia v0.3.1
My HSDB v5 additions, HTML windows and other stuff
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantIzo
Movie collector...
Netherlands Posts: 197
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Ken has mentioned a slow first time sync, so I guess this one is indeed targetting your patience...

Does not look good for my patience either as I have atleast 5600 profiles to sync....
But it is for a good cause!!!
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantanthonypilgrim
United Kingdom Posts: 28
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I only have 1200 titles but the sync took just under 20 mins. 
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantscarl
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have 1400 titles and the sync took 18 mins
Posted:
Interestingly enough, shortly after I posted my original message, the profile sync was complete.  The images took (only!) less than an hour additional.  Maybe there was something in the profiles slowing things down, or maybe because most of my items are in custom collections?  I have an iPod Touch as well, will retry the whole thing to see if it repeats the marathon.

By the way, all the custom collections have the same graphic ... I wonder if it will at one stage sync with the same image as used in the main program?
---
¡Hola!
 Last edited: by Johan1FS
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantIzo
Movie collector...
Netherlands Posts: 197
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
5668 Profiles, front+back covers unlimited size -> 47 minutes 30 seconds.....
Quick? No. Slow? I expected worse.
Posted:
Almost finished with the sync to my iPod Touch.  Slightly faster, looks like it will be taking about 2 and half hours in total.  The images once again much quicker than the profiles (odd).

Either my laptop is too slow as a server (although that doesn't sound plausible) or it is because the bulk of my items are in custom collections.
---
¡Hola!
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next