Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ...9  Previous   Next
Spam threads
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordee1959jay
Netherlands Posts: 6,014
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
That would involve more work on the moderators' part that I would rather see spent on more useful purposes.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
United States Posts: 1,598
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It only talks 2 seconds to edit a post of this nature which I'm sure they could spare.  If that's too much to ask then make me a mod and I'll do it for them. 
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorDJ Doena
Germany Posts: 6,737
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hey Ken, could you please clean up this forum section? The top 20 threads here are almost all spam threads. Thanks
Karsten
DVD Collectors Online

DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKatatonia
Retired Profiler
United States Posts: 20,111
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting DJ Doena:
Quote:
Hey Ken, could you please clean up this forum section? The top 20 threads here are almost all spam threads. Thanks

It's more like the entire 1st page now.

Ken?
Corey
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantDr. Killpatient
Here's my card
United States Posts: 5,916
Posted:
I wonder if the person behind the spam threads realizes that we can see right through them?
 Last edited: by Dr. Killpatient
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBlair
Resistance is Futile!
United States Posts: 1,249
Posted:
In a way, because it isn't pinned, I see this topic as being a bit spammy as well (is that even a word? ) because it stays on the first page near the top also pushing down legitimate questions.

One other downside to not swooping in quickly enough to deal with spam is, if it is true that topics can't be deleted if someone has posted them (I'm not sure why this would be the case or why it couldn't be fixed) some of the spammers come in and add their post to random topics usually from the first page which, if the original topic was spam, the new spam post has locked it into place.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

He who MUST get the last word in on a pointless, endless argument doesn't win. It makes him the bigger jerk.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Katatonia:
Quote:
Ken?

Yes, pretty please with sugar on top.
Sweep the forum with an iron broom to discourage spammers.

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantDr. Killpatient
Here's my card
United States Posts: 5,916
Posted:
Time for Ken to once again break out his ban hammer.

DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
United States Posts: 1,598
Posted:
It does seem that Invelos is being targeted lately.  That's why it's important to delete these threads as soon as possible; the free advertising needs to be nipped in the butt.  Banning the spammer doesn't do much as they've already gotten their message across.  The longer the message is still available the longer the spammer gets free advertising.  Once banned all the spammer has to do is to create a new account and the cycle continues.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorJimmy S
Canada Posts: 1,982
Posted:
Why those spam thread aren't at least locked since it seems to be too hard to delete them. It's really ridiculous when the spammers start to answer to each other.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBlair
Resistance is Futile!
United States Posts: 1,249
Posted:
I never thought I would ever use so many red arrows in a single day.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

He who MUST get the last word in on a pointless, endless argument doesn't win. It makes him the bigger jerk.
Retired Profiler
Posted:
This section of the forum needs a solid anti-spam protection policy. What exists now is obviously a failure evidenced by all the spammers.

I've voiced a suggestion a couple of times previously that works almost 100% of the time in other forums, but it's up to Ken to implement something.
Corey
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
I know it's been floated as a forum-wide policy, but this section really ought to have some kind of auto-moderation going on based on red arrows.

Meaning, if any given post received X number of red arrows, it is automatically removed. Maybe even expand it to the poster being temp-banned. And in order to prevent bullying of a single individual, you could make it so the auto-modding only happens on freebie accounts.
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
 Last edited: by Astrakan
Retired Profiler
Posted:
Quoting Astrakan:
Quote:
I know it's been floated as a forum-wide policy, but this section really ought to have some kind of auto-moderation going on based on red arrows.

That would probably work too.

I doubt we need a forum-wide solution however, since Spam really only occurs in this section. You need to have a paid subscription in order to post elsewhere in the forum, and most Spammers probably aren't here to pay and give themselves away.
Corey
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributortweeter
I aim to misbehave
United States Posts: 2,665
Posted:
bump - to remind everyone to read and follow the first message in this thread
Bad movie?  You're soaking in it!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributortweeter
I aim to misbehave
United States Posts: 2,665
Posted:
bump - to remind everyone to read and follow the first message in this thread
Bad movie?  You're soaking in it!
    Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ...9  Previous   Next