Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1  Previous   Next
How to ... Sweeney Complete Box?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantEvo2Me
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Alright, I am in the process of scanning all those DVDs I have for which currently no hi-res exists. Among them is the Complete Remastered Sweeney TV series. Several problems came up:

- For the whole box the UPC code is underneath, not on the back; still, I scanned front and back. What about the informationally more interesting foot?
- Every four series have their own Digipack within the box, containing four CDs each, different fronts and episofde listings on their back. Unfortunately they do not have their own UPC codes, and neither they nor their individually offered predecessors are in the database. How do I include them?

Both are rather common problems with other box sets, too, e.g. The Beatles Anthology [first problem but not second] or Martin Scorsese's The Blues [German edition, second problem].

Any sensible help appreciated.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKevin Coed
United Kingdom Posts: 278
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Each series of the Sweeney IS available individually in the database with their own EAN code. You could simply download those profiles and then change the EAN to the disc id of the first disc in each set.
Guns don't kill people. Hammers do.
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Alright, that seems to me more like a work-around but that's ok with me. What about discs that are not available individually, like the movies in Martin Scorcese's The Blues box or the bonus disc in the A Chinese Ghost Story [Germany] one?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRifter
Reg. Jan 27, 2002
United States Posts: 2,694
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kevin Coed:
Quote:
Each series of the Sweeney IS available individually in the database with their own EAN code. You could simply download those profiles and then change the EAN to the disc id of the first disc in each set.

Be careful here though.  Most of these new supersets don't have individual UPC codes for each disk, but may have been sold individually at one time, in which case there may be a profile with a UPC.  If your superset doesn't have individual discs in some kind of UPC'd keep case, however, you can't use those profiles without changing them to use Disc ID instead, especially if you plan on contributing them as part of a megaboxset.
John

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice!" Senator Barry Goldwater, 1964
Make America Great Again!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKevin Coed
United Kingdom Posts: 278
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Isn't that more or less what I said?
Guns don't kill people. Hammers do.
Posted:
I think Rifter just warned about the problems this could cause. Actually I just did download the profiles for the individual sets [in this case the remastered versions seem to have come out shortly after the box individually] and assigned my own scans.

Now I just have to be careful with updates, regardless of the direction.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1  Previous   Next