Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1  Previous   Next
Backup is a .DPD file
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantswampwizard
United States Posts: 44
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've backed up my DVD collection and DVD Profiler saves it as a .DPB file that Windows doesn't recognize. Am I missing something here? I just want to save it on a disc. Thanks
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorStaid S Barr
Netherlands Posts: 1,536
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
You can ciopy the file to a disc. Windows does not need to "recognize" anything, the file can only be read by DVD Profiler.
Hans
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting swampwizard:
Quote:
I've backed up my DVD collection and DVD Profiler saves it as a .DPB file that Windows doesn't recognize.

Windows doesn't have to, DVD Profiler does. It's simply a file, copy it where ever you want burn it to CD/DVD or what not.

Or are you looking for something else, a printed report or the online-list ?

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm kinda suspecting that there's a slight confusion in terms.

When you created a backup via DVD Profiler, that file is so you can restore your collection into DVD Profiler should something go wrong. Meaning, only DVD Profiler needs to be able to read the file, and it can indeed read .DPB files.

What I suspect you want to do is create a file that contains data about your collection that you can use outside of DVD Profiler.

If I am right, there's a few ways:

- You can run a report (Tools -> Reports) and then print it as a .PDF. You will need a .PDF writer for that, but there's lots of free ones out there. Check download.com if you don't already have one. If the reports included with the program aren't to your linking, there's lots more that can be downloaded from this site, or you can create your own.

- You can export the collection to a text-based CSV file that both Notepad, Word and Excel can read just fine. You need the CSVEXport plugin for that. Once installed, it'll be available under: Tools -> Export Profile Database to CSV.

- You could upload your collection online (although I'm not sure if that feature is available to free users...) and then either save it as a Web Archive or print it as a PDF. Or even copy/paste the list into Word or Notepad or something like that.

- If you know how to use .XML files, you can use the built-in export functionality: Tools -> Export Profile Database.
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
 Last edited: by Astrakan
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantswampwizard
United States Posts: 44
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thanks Everybody!
    Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1  Previous   Next