Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
Combo - Media type missing
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorkaput5
United States Posts: 74
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Since 3.6, we can now check DVD and Blu-Ray together. However the "Media Type" condition does not show "DVD and Blu-Ray" in the drop down list.

Is there a way to check both are set, or do we have to wait for an update from Ken?

Thanks
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeKen Cole
Invelos Software
United States Posts: 4,282
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Use a panel for this - place your report item (image, text, etc) on a panel.  Set the panel condition to 'media types contain dvd' and set the child object's condition to 'media types contain blu-ray.
Invelos Software, Inc. Representative
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMrVideo
Unix works!
Posted:
Quoting kaput5:
Quote:
Is there a way to check both are set, or do we have to wait for an update from Ken?

While Ken's method is correct, I'd reverse it and make the Blu-ray the primary listing, with a mention that a DVD is part of the release as well.  Why?  Because the main release is normally Blu-ray (based on the cover art).

But, as mentioned in other threads, opening up checking DVD and Blu-ray has opened up a whole can of worms with regard to report generation.  For example, the DVD will have different region codes than the Blu-ray disc.  Pretty much all report programs have a single location for the region codes.  Also, only one location for the DVD/Blu-ray logo.  You can't create two report pages from the single profile.  The rule doesn't force profiles for Blu-ray/DVD combo releases to be like releases for TVShows (parent/child).  Nothing stops you from submitting such a configuration, but it isn't required.

I have to fix the report I contributed because the DVD region codes are on top of the Blu-ray region codes.  I get the Blu-ray logo with DVD region codes - ouch!  There is a textual area on my report that has garbled text because both the DVD and Blu-ray conditional text shows through - ouch!

There are other possible issues as well.
Mr Video Productions
If it isn't Unix, it isn't an OS :-)
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorkaput5
United States Posts: 74
Posted:
Well, I forgot to subscribe to my own topic and I missed the answer over a month ago.

Thanks to both, I will play with the panels and see what I can get.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDarth Maher
United States Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
So is there a reason why BLU-ray/DVD is not an option in the filters?
I'm tempted to go into all of my profiles and manually switch them to Blu-ray so I can print a report with all of my Blu-ray discs Including the ones that come with a DVD copy as well.

Or is there an easier way to do this?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorgreyghost
United States Posts: 1,405
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
The check marks in the filter are three-way.

The gray default is essentially an ignore.

Click once to make the check mark dark and the field becomes required.

Click again and the check mark is gone - the field becomes a "not".

To filter for all Blu-ray (including Combos), click to make the Blu-ray check dark and leave the others alone.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next