Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: General Discussion Page: 1 2 3 ...9  Previous   Next
Movie Trivia for HTML Window
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,308
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
An old post of mine was recently found by VirusPil asking about how to vote on someone putting Movie Trivia in the Easter Egg field. At that time there seemed to be a lot of interest in a Movie Trivia field. It could be a long time before such a thing could be implemented in the program (if ever... could be a big can of worms opened!). So I was thinking an HTML Window is the best bet for this. Thanks to the help of a couple great members here we got the html window st up.

You can get the HTML Window Right HERE... and no worries if you don't know much about HTML windows... neither do I... it is made to be very easy to set up.

That leaves it to us to collect the trivia If there is enough interest in this... I am glad to keep this thread going so we can all work together and get some trivia together. And I can keep a post or two as an index much like TheMadMartian does for the Birthyears.

So if you have some favorite movie trivia that you would like to add... just reply here with it.

Download the latest Trivia HTML window here: Trivia v0.3.1 (2010-08-05)
Pete
 Last edited: by Addicted2DVD
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Trivia Index:

12 Monkeys
Adromeda Strain

30 Days of Night
WILHELM SCREAM
STEVE NILES

50 First Dates
Golfing
Tommy Boy

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence
The Jetsons
The Perfect Storm

The Abyss
Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Alien vs. Predator
Chamber of Sacrifices

America's Sweethearts
Microphone short-circuit

Army of Darkness
Fangoria Magazine

Black Hawk Down
Photo of Eric Bana's wife and child

A Different World: Season 1
Multiple Notes

Død snø
IMDB Trivia

Dragon Ball / Dragon Ball Z Anime
Multiple Trivia

Halloween II (2009)
Michael Myers speaking and face

Matrix
Multiple Trivias

Sex and the City (TV Series)
Background in opening credits
Clip-on earrings
Name of Mr. Big

Star Trek (2009)
R2D2 in Star Trek
Pete
Posted:
This is the piece of Trivia that started this. Originally submitted by Astrakan...

Star Trek (2009)
R2D2 in Star Trek
During the Drill Machine sequence as the Enterprise comes out of its barrel role amidst destruction of the other Federation ships above Vulcan, we cut to an interior Enterprise bridge over the shoulder of Kirk that is looking out through the front viewscreen. In space, R2-D2 of Star Wars fame is floating in the debris.

If you freeze frame the movie at 47:39 you can see the robot towards the bottom left of the viewscreen

Insert into Notes:
Quote:
<trivia=<b>R2D2 in Star Trek</b><br>
During the Drill Machine sequence as the Enterprise comes out of its barrel role amidst destruction of the other Federation ships above Vulcan, we cut to an interior Enterprise bridge over the shoulder of Kirk that is looking out through the front viewscreen. In space, R2-D2 of Star Wars fame is floating in the debris. <br><br>If you freeze frame the movie at 47:39 you can see the robot towards the bottom left of the viewscreen />
Pete
Posted:
I personally always liked the trivia that can be spotted in the movie more then the "Behind the Scenes" type stuff...

12 Monkeys
Adromeda Strain
A quick clip from The Andromeda Strain (1971) featuring a monkey in the throes of death, is seen on the dayroom television during a news report about the cruelty of using animal subjects in medical research.

Insert into Notes:
Quote:
<trivia=<b>Adromeda Strain</b><br>A quick clip from The Andromeda Strain (1971) featuring a monkey in the throes of death, is seen on the dayroom television during a news report about the cruelty of using animal subjects in medical research. />
Pete
Posted:
30 Days of Night

WILHELM SCREAM
Heard after man is thrown off metal roof by vampire during the initial attacks on Barrow.

Insert Into Notes:
Quote:
<trivia=<b>WILHELM SCREAM</b><br> Heard after man is thrown off metal roof by vampire during the initial attacks on Barrow. />

STEVE NILES
A picture of Steve Niles, who wrote the original comic book, hangs in the attic hideout.

Quote:
<trivia=<b>STEVE NILES</b><br>A picture of Steve Niles, who wrote the original comic book, hangs in the attic hideout. />

If you would like to use both of these... The easiest way to do it is just put a second trivia tag into the notes field. Then it will automatically show up with a horizontal line which you can control the color of in the HTML Window when you add it.
Pete
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantEdwinK
Netherlands Posts: 691
Posted:
Also a thank you in this place.

Let the trivia come
Unfortunately, I can't use DVDprofiler at the moment due to lack of a Windows computer.
Posted:
50 First Dates

Golfing
When Henry (Adam Sandler) is at the golf course with Ula and his kids, everyone except Henry is teeing off in the same style as Happy Gilmore (also played by Sandler) in "Happy Gilmore" (1996). When Henry sees this, he replies, "That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen."

Insert into Notes:
Quote:
<trivia=<b>Golfing</b><br>When Henry (Adam Sandler) is at the golf course with Ula and his kids, everyone except Henry is teeing off in the same style as Happy Gilmore (also played by Sandler) in "Happy Gilmore" (1996). When Henry sees this, he replies, "That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen."  />

Tommy Boy
Lucy's doctor mentions that their hospital is funded by T.B. Callahan Auto Industries, a reference to "Tommy Boy" Callahan, a major character from "Tommy Boy" (1995).

Insert into Notes:
Quote:
<trivia=<b>Tommy Boy</b><br>Lucy's doctor mentions that their hospital is funded by T.B. Callahan Auto Industries, a reference to "Tommy Boy" Callahan, a major character from "Tommy Boy" (1995).  />
Pete
Posted:
A.I.: Artificial Intelligence

The Jetsons
When Joe combines questions during the Mr. Know scene, we hear the doorbell sound from The Jetsons.

Insert into Notes:

Quote:
<trivia=<b>The Jetsons</b><br>When Joe combines questions during the Mr. Know scene, we hear the doorbell sound from The Jetsons. />

The Perfect Storm
Spielberg used the water-filled set from The Perfect Storm for the flooded world of the future in this movie.

Insert into Notes:

Quote:
<trivia=<b>The Perfect Storm</b><br>Spielberg used the water-filled set from The Perfect Storm for the flooded world of the future in this movie. />
Pete
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMuckl
That's my common name.
Germany Posts: 858
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
If you would like to use both of these... There is a couple different ways you can break it up. I use <p> in between the trivia items. You could also use <hr> between them if you would like to have a horizontal Line between the trivia notes.

Actually a horizontal line is added automatically between each <trivia=.../> part. If you add a <hr> yourself, the lineColor value from the config block won't be used.

1.0.1, iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.1.0

Trivia v0.3.1
My HSDB v5 additions, HTML windows and other stuff
Posted:
Thanks... didn't notice that. It is how I was doing it (separating with either <p> Or <hr>) in the original version of the html window.

What do you suggest for multiple trivia items?
Pete
Posted:
The Abyss

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The fictional company that owns and operates the undersea drilling rig is called Benthic Petroleum. In Terminator 2: Judgment Day (also directed by James Cameron) after the escape from the mental hospital, our heroes hide out at a gas station. The pumps at the station feature the Benthic Petroleum logo.

Insert into Notes:
Quote:
<trivia=<b>Terminator 2: Judgment Day</b><br>The fictional company that owns and operates the undersea drilling rig is called Benthic Petroleum. In Terminator 2: Judgment Day (also directed by James Cameron) after the escape from the mental hospital, our heroes hide out at a gas station. The pumps at the station feature the Benthic Petroleum logo. />
Pete
Posted:
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
Thanks... didn't notice that. It is how I was doing it (separating with either <p> Or <hr>) in the original version of the html window.

I actually just answered that myself... we just put a new trivia tag into notes for each one. 
Pete
That's my common name.
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:

I actually just answered that myself... we just put a new trivia tag into notes for each one. 

Hehe, alright, green arrow for you 

It's just more machine-readable. Who knows what future versions of the Trivia window might be able to do? 
Besides, it's more clear when editing the Notes.

Just added a new feature for customizing the way of separating trivia items and released version 0.0.4 (see updated post in other thread).

Would you mind using your second post for the latest Trivia HTML window code? You just have to request permanent edit permission for the first two posts from Invelos (I assume you'll request a sticky?). But I won't be able to edit my original post in the other thread in about 30 hrs. Thanks!

Trivia v0.3.1
Posted:
No Problem... Sounds good.
Pete
That's my common name.
Posted:
You're fast 

Trivia v0.3.1
Posted:
I try! 
Pete
    Invelos Forums->General: General Discussion Page: 1 2 3 ...9  Previous   Next