Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next
Search by Director - Search by Whatever "word" you input...
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMB17
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I bought both profilers yesterday and so far I love the desktop and like very much the Mobile. Thus my request. I want to love the mobile as well. It would be great if we could "search" or "filter" our collection by Director (specially) or the other criteria in the PC, such as tags etc.

PS: If this a recurrent request, I did some searching and could not find it. Sorry.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMB17
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I am altering my feature request to amplify it. I would like to see a type of search I am suggesting to the Desktop software, that I see as very intuitive and important: search by whatever word you input. Instead of being able only to search by title/original title, it would be nice to be able to search the name of an artist you are interested in.

This most likely would be a search that would merge the following databases: "title", "crew" and "cast" (perhaps "tags?' or some other?)?

This would be very helpful for whoever is interested in a certain artist's career/ouvre in his collection. For example: Truffaut. You type the name and all films he was involved in or any film about him would appear. The way it is now, on Mobile soft you would only get a film about him with his name on the title. As I suggest you would get the same results as you would on the desktop version having to go through these many steps: go to crew filter, type "truffaut", mark "truffaut", go to cast filter, type "truffaut", mark "truffaut", then go to Title search and search "truffaut". Very boring and unhelpful if you are on the run and not at home or with your notebook.

Why do I think this is helpful: let's say you are checking which films of his you have. Instead of having to go through his filmography and then check, title by title, the films you have and the films you don't and then make a list of the ones you will be looking for, you will get right away your collection on your mobile phone. And you can do this selection on the spot, in case you are in a store and can not resort for long to the internet or to your desktop Profiler.

My long 2 cents... 
 Last edited: by MB17
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next