Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 12 13 14 15 16 ...26  Previous   Next
goodguy's Credit Lookup Plus
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Oh well, I just remembered why it is not a good idea to try and scrape the locality and credit.

Remember I am using a robot to press a button. The thing which allows the page to download, is a momentary message popup that the robot instantly closes. So, the best I can do, is one popup per page. In the case of Clint Eastwood, 126 pages, that took 8 minutes to get 3142 UPCs to work with.

To scrape the localities and credits, I will need 25 additional popups per page, in order to get the data downloaded into the browser after clicking the UPC link. Imagine 26 popups per page vs. one! 

So, for now it is: (1) quick scrape of UPCs, (2) followed by database calls to get profile IDs and credits

(This might be boring to some, but who knows if / when somebody smarter then I, will get a bright idea triggered)
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting GSyren:
Quote:
Here's a radical idea:

Skip the current output from CLTBoss and only output full Profiles with the same syntax as the Profiler export, but with an additional <Variants> node to show what was searched for. I know that Jim considered something like this as an option, but not quite as "brutal" as this.

Then the client(s) - like CLTinfo, or whatever - can sort out the details. The upside of this would be that one could use other programs, like ProfilerQuery, to extract other information that one might desire.

This would mean more or less rewriting the whole CLTinfo, but I could live with that.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Or produce both types of output, but I don't quite see the use for the more limited output.
I'm seeing this late, but all of that is already implemented, except that when I output "Invelos" XML, my policy is do it exactly as DVD Profiler would, no modifications, for maximum compatibility with any tools written for that format. You can always add variant info to the filename when saving it. The CLTBoss format has already been implemented with the Variants elements.
Thanks for your support.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,508
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
I'm seeing this late, but all of that is already implemented, except that when I output "Invelos" XML, my policy is do it exactly as DVD Profiler would, no modifications, for maximum compatibility with any tools written for that format. You can always add variant info to the filename when saving it. The CLTBoss format has already been implemented with the Variants elements.

OK, the CLTBoss format should be perfectly fine for doing the regular CLT analysis.

Adding a new node to the existing "Invelos format" should not cause a problem with any properly written program, and would add usefulness, but I understand and respect your reasons for not wanting to add it.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
And the reason for the simpler format, was to reduce the programming burden of parsing dividers in the credits sections. Anyway, since already implemented, might as well keep the option.

Oops, posting cross-wise. Yeah, sometimes people use an inflexible schema approach. And my "policy" is one I have not violated since day 1. I can always add a checkox - THAT, I am good at! 
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
For the developers:
Spoiler:  (Select to view)

if (chkIncludeVariants.Checked)
            {
                invout.Append("<!--Start CLTBoss Plugin Extension-->\n");
                invout.Append("<Variants>\n");
                foreach (DataGridViewRow row in dataGridView2.Rows)
                {
                    if (row.Index < dataGridView2.NewRowIndex)
                    {
                        CreditName actor = new CreditName();
                        actor.firstname = XmlEscape(("" + row.Cells["firstName"].Value).ToString());
                        actor.middlename = XmlEscape(("" + row.Cells["middleName"].Value).ToString());
                        actor.lastname = XmlEscape(("" + row.Cells["lastName"].Value).ToString());
                        actor.index = row.Index;
                        int tmpBY = 0;
                        if (int.TryParse("0" + ("" + row.Cells["birthYear"].Value), out tmpBY))
                        {
                            actor.by = tmpBY;
                        }
                        object[] parms = new object[] { actor.firstname, actor.middlename, actor.lastname, actor.by, actor.parsedname, actor.name };
                        invout.Append("  " + string.Format(varianttemplate, parms) + "\n");
                    }
                }
                invout.Append("</Variants>\n");
                invout.Append("<!--End CLTBoss Plugin Extension-->\n");
            }

Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Some eye candy.

Gonna go watch a movie now. On to credits scanning tomorrow. More or less retrofitting previous code to the new design.
Thanks for your support.
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
For the developers:

Fun fact: Spoliers can't be shown on the iPad. At least not in Safari or Opera.
But now that I look at it on my PC, I have to say ... that looks like it should work.
Gunnar
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting GSyren:
Quote:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
For the developers:

Fun fact: Spoliers can't be shown on the iPad. At least not in Safari or Opera.
But now that I look at it on my PC, I have to say ... that looks like it should work.

I assume you mean the format. I shared the code on a whim, kind of showing that I was supportjng the idea of a. checkbox. Then I got even more loopy and did the video. Antics of a brain-fried coder! 
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Another hot and muggy night. Woke up to turn on the AC and started visualizing code. Crap!

I'm warming up to Gunners radical idea. Who can tell me the most awful CLT run? I want to see just how fast I can blitz thru grabbing the UPCs, then dumping the associated profiles XML to a file with no filtering on my part, except to add the variants. I think going directly to a file would be faster than collecting in memory first, right?
Thanks for your support.
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
As regards my "radical idea", I just think that if one wants to split up the functionality it makes sense to let one program - the plugin - do the raw data collection, and the other program do the data refinement, statistics and presentation.

Will going directly to a file be faster than collectiong in memory first? Most likely, but I doubt that it will make a significant difference. But that's just a guess.

The most awful CLT run? Who can say? My guess is that it might be some hugely popular TV star. The actor with most movie credits in my collection is Christopher Lee. CLT says 3495 profiles.
Gunnar
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Ok'! I will give it a shot.
Thanks for your support.
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Just FYI, I ran a little test to see if the Credited As names in my collection could have leading, trailing or double spaces. I found one name with leading space and five with double space between first and last name, so the answer is Yes.

EDIT: This only matters to you if you go with the limited CLTBoss output. For full Profiler XML that'll be my problem exclusively.
Gunnar
 Last edited: by GSyren
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Holy Toledo! 8 minutes 51 seconds, perfect scrape. Audit report shows 3496 entries.

By the way, of course you know CLTBoss has had the "radical idea" already implemented, it just was not the default. So, all I need do is flip two checkboxes, "Use Invelos Format" and "Add Variants to Invelos XML", and voila! Now, that's the default.  

Now I will test to see just how fast I can blast the XML out to a file.

(Edit: typo corrected)
Thanks for your support.
Profiling since 2001
Posted:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Holy Toledo! 8 minutes 51 seconds, perfect scrape.

Now your talking! 
Gunnar
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting GSyren:
Quote:
Just FYI, I ran a little test to see if the Credited As names in my collection could have leading, trailing or double spaces. I found one name with leading space and five with double space between first and last name, so the answer is Yes.

This only matters to you if you go with the limited CLTBoss output. For full Profiler XML that'll be my problem exclusively.

So good to know!!!!

But of course, "Homey doesn't do (much of) that any more!       
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quote:
Quoting GSyren:
This only matters to you if you go with the limited CLTBoss output. For full Profiler XML that'll be my problem exclusively.

Once again, CLTBoss does both, selected by the user, and has so for weeks. But now, it will be the default. 
Thanks for your support.
    Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 12 13 14 15 16 ...26  Previous   Next