Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
Can Data base query flag titles and add all run time only
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorwidescreenforever
Under A Double DoubleW
Canada Posts: 5,481
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Wanted to flag all my box sets and then use data base query to add the flagged entries and all the running times.. can this be done.. I know it can add all the titles but what about flagged entries??
In the 60's, People took Acid to make the world Weird. Now the World is weird and People take Prozac to make it Normal.

Terry
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMarEll
United Kingdom Posts: 1,208
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I can't see an option for flags but you can filter on tags.  The filters window is accessed with the fourth button from the left (up top).
Under A Double DoubleW
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
and...,, the tags.. contain the running minutes..????   
In the 60's, People took Acid to make the world Weird. Now the World is weird and People take Prozac to make it Normal.

Terry
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
huh?  If I've read your OP correctly then you want to use DBQ to add up all the runtimes of a selection of profiles??

If so, tag the movies you want to find the combined running time of, open DBQ, then click the 4th button from the left to open the filters window.  Pick your tag, click ok then all the queries you run should only be run on profiles with that tag.
Under A Double DoubleW
Posted:
Okay no problem,,  In other words the data query can't, by itself, add  runtimes., BY  tagging titles you could do anything like that.. I'm just surprised that the data query can do a lot of other things such as finding obscure miniscule search details.. it  just can't, by itself,  do any adding of flagged titles,, only addition  of tagged titles ..  for RT ..

Terry
 Last edited: by widescreenforever
Posted:
Like I say, I only had a qiock look and didn't find anything there may be the option and I just didn't find it.

While I agree using a flag is quicker, it only takes a few seconds to apply a 'temp' tag to all your flagged profiles.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It could be that I didn't have access to the flagged profiles.  I don't really remember.  It's been too long now.  I'll have to look into it when I finally get back into the code.  Or it could just be that it never occurred to me to do things that way because that's not the way I do things.  It may not be hard to do at all.  But I don't believe it currently works with flags.
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
It could be that I didn't have access to the flagged profiles.  I don't really remember.  It's been too long now.  I'll have to look into it when I finally get back into the code.  Or it could just be that it never occurred to me to do things that way because that's not the way I do things.  It may not be hard to do at all.  But I don't believe it currently works with flags.

Well you just forgot - "get flagged" is available. 

I'm also getting rusty waiting for the new toolkit - sigh ... 
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
I like IMDB
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Yeah, I guess I misspoke.  I know you can get flagged profiles.  I do it (and use it frequently) with my CSVExport plugin.

What I meant to say was that after reading in all the profiles, it never occurred to me to make that call again.  I use tags.  Using flags didn't occur to me.  Off the top of my head, it doesn't sound hard.  It may be easy to add to the plugin.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSparkss
Posted:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
I'm also getting rusty waiting for the new toolkit - sigh ... 

Seems like a few plugins are "on hold" developmentally waiting for that updated toolkit. What is the latest ETA these days for it ?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
Yeah, I guess I misspoke.  I know you can get flagged profiles.  I do it (and use it frequently) with my CSVExport plugin.

Sure, of course I knew you knew that!!!! 
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
Under A Double DoubleW
Posted:
so is there a plug in to flag and add running times?/ or do I have to tag titles and go that route? 
it never was explained here after this past few days ..

Terry
I like IMDB
Posted:
I'll look into adding it in the future, but my plugin can't do it right now.
Under A Double DoubleW
Posted:
Great Thanks.. !!

Terry
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next