Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ...15  Previous   Next
Case types with Images: New
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorThe Movieman
DVDP User Since 2007
United States Posts: 2,544
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting DarklyNoon:
Quote:
Ace, the Batman case is one in a thousand. From the beginning of Blu-ray we did it the way that Wall E is keep case, all others are Slim cases.

I see no reason to change that now, cuz of one single (maybe a few more will come) ultraslim case.

I do not want the hassle of changing all Cases cuz of one extraordinary case that was released.

cheers
Donnie

Agreed. And later on, couldn't something like the Batman case be "HD Thin" or "HD Thinner Than Slim Which Is Thinner Than Keeper"?
 Last edited: by The Movieman
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorArdos
United Kingdom Posts: 2,506
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting TheMovieman:
Quote:
or "HD Thinner Than Slim Which Is Thinner Than Keeper"?

Ooh, ooh, I vote for that one! 
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeKen Cole
Invelos Software
United States Posts: 4,282
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
We're planning to add three fields to the case type - width, height, and depth.  They will be floating point fields and accuracy to three decimal places will be expected.

/Not Really
Invelos Software, Inc. Representative
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDarklyNoon
No Godz, No Masterz
Germany Posts: 1,944
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
lol, good one Ken

cheers
Donnie
www.tvmaze.com
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbob9000
safety word?
Canada Posts: 844
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thanks for the hard work Donnie. Glad to see it is already pinned as well.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordee1959jay
Netherlands Posts: 6,014
Posted:
Quoting DarklyNoon:
Quote:
Will add jewel case now and also BOX set in  a bit

cheers
Donnie

Personally I don't think BOX set should be added under that name as long as it's not in the DVDP dropdown list for the Case Type field. It would only create confusion and newbie questions like "Hey, I can't find this Box set option. What's up?".

You might add it though as an example of Custom (the difference with Slip case being that these so-called "BOX sets" are not open on one side).
 Last edited: by dee1959jay
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDanae Cassandra
United States Posts: 2,877
Posted:
Okay, memory being what it is (or isn't, as the case actually is), I'll recharge the camera battery while I'm at work tomorrow and try to get that pic tomorrow night.  Sorry about that. 
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield
No Godz, No Masterz
Posted:
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:
Quoting DarklyNoon:
Quote:
Will add jewel case now and also BOX set in  a bit

cheers
Donnie

Personally I don't think BOX set should be added under that name as long as it's not in the DVDP dropdown list for the Case Type field. It would only create confusion and newbie questions like "Hey, I can't find this Box set option. What's up?".

You might add it though as an example of Custom (the difference with Slip case being that these so-called "BOX sets" are not open on one side).

I think you got a point there, that was why I did not include it at start.
What do the others think about the Slip Case (Boxset), should it be here or should I remove it ?

cheers
Donnie
www.tvmaze.com
Posted:
To avoid misunderstandings: I didn't mean to imply that Slip Case should be removed, because that IS one of the options in DVDP. I only meant to say - in response to ninehours' post - that "Box" should not be added, because it's not in the options in DVDP.
No Godz, No Masterz
Posted:
Ahh ok

Got ya now 

cheers
Donnie
www.tvmaze.com
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorninehours
United Kingdom Posts: 1,998
Posted:
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:
To avoid misunderstandings: I didn't mean to imply that Slip Case should be removed, because that IS one of the options in DVDP. I only meant to say - in response to ninehours' post - that "Box" should not be added, because it's not in the options in DVDP.

I did not mean for box to be added in this thread i want Box added to Profilers options as these are becoming more prevalent
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributortweeter
I aim to misbehave
United States Posts: 2,665
Posted:
Quoting Ken Cole:
Quote:
We're planning to add three fields to the case type - width, height, and depth.  They will be floating point fields and accuracy to three decimal places will be expected.

Don't forget the system filter so that something like 1.2 = 1.200.
Bad movie?  You're soaking in it!
 Last edited: by tweeter
Posted:
Quoting ninehours:
Quote:
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:

I did not mean for box to be added in this thread i want Box added to Profilers options as these are becoming more prevalent

Agreed!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ken Cole:
Quote:

metric, I presume?
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorninehours
United Kingdom Posts: 1,998
Posted:
Would this be Envelope or Custom?

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhal9g
Who is John Galt?
United States Posts: 6,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'd call it custom.  Envelopes don't typically include a slipcase, I don't think.
Hal
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ...15  Previous   Next