Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
LoadDVD
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantas1401
Australia Posts: 3
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi All,

Well after some fervent experimenting, I finally got Windows media player to work from the LoadDVD icon, loading up the file from a USB drive under Vista Ult.
What I did was go into Control Panel, Set Default Programs, clicked on Windows Media Player and cliicked on Set this Prgram  as default. Works perefctly !!!

Thank you to myself!!!!

Funny that by default, new install of Vista is not set as default for media associations?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantEdwinK
Netherlands Posts: 691
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Although I'm no moderator here, can you please refrain from opening topics. You could have done a reply to your original topic, or even better replied in the LoadDVD topic already here for some time.

BTW. Welcome to the asylum, where no one has the key to escape.
Unfortunately, I can't use DVDprofiler at the moment due to lack of a Windows computer.
 Last edited: by EdwinK
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting as1401:
Quote:
Hi All,

Well after some fervent experimenting, I finally got Windows media player to work from the LoadDVD icon, loading up the file from a USB drive under Vista Ult.
What I did was go into Control Panel, Set Default Programs, clicked on Windows Media Player and cliicked on Set this Prgram  as default. Works perefctly !!!

Thank you to myself!!!!

Funny that by default, new install of Vista is not set as default for media associations?

This information will be helpful to others.

Hey EdwinK, you know, maybe ironically it's better that it sits out here all alone.    People are always compalining that they don't want to read 35 pages, etc. etc. Now we have a solution to the Vista File Associations Issue sitting in its own little house.  .  as1401, maybe you could change the title? 

Sometimes it's funny how things work out, right?
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantas1401
Australia Posts: 3
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Quoting as1401:
Quote:
Hi All,

Thank you to myself!!!!

This information will be helpful to others.

Hey EdwinK, you know, maybe ironically it's better that it sits out here all alone.    People are always compalining that they don't want to read 35 pages, etc. etc. Now we have a solution to the Vista File Associations Issue sitting in its own little house.  .  as1401, maybe you could change the title? 

Sometimes it's funny how things work out, right?

Hi Mediadogg,

Scuse my ignorance, first time I have evered joined a forum, let alone leave a message. I don't know how to edit the title. But you can go ahead and do it if you have the permissions, or let me know how to do that. Just happy now that it works properly as supposed to.

regards,

AS
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Well, no biggie. But if you want to do it, click on little pencil icon just to the left of the title.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next