Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
LoadDVD
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantas1401
Australia Posts: 3
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi,

I have just purchased DVDProfiler after being recommended of it by a friend. I installed the LoadDVD plugin Ver. 153.
Now I have a similar problem
Using Vista Ultimate, yes I know you say file assocoiations are a mess with Vista, and i did check it and it was assigned for avi for Media Player. But i re assigned again just to make sure.

I get the infamous "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation". Yet I can double click on avi's mkv's etc and all play automatically in Media Player from Explorer.
I even tried this on a brand new Vista Ult install with only DVDProfiler installed, brand new virtual machine and still same message.

I have the correct codecs installed and KLCodecs have been installed and all movie files show the Media Player icon.

Is there a fix for this please?

I have a heap of movies on USB drive I want to run from DVDPro, and have done everything as described in the plugin notes [filepath]h:\movies\files\bb\black_hawk_down.avi[/filepath] and put the word "file" in the location field.

Please help, desperate to fix this!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantChipperfield
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have exactly the same problem but on Vista Home Premium
LoadDVD plugin v153  installed and USB hard drive storage
Everything properly assigned but still the same error message
Must be someone out there that has fixed this?

I have just purchased DVDProfiler after being recommended of it by a friend. I installed the LoadDVD plugin Ver. 153.
Now I have a similar problem
Using Vista Ultimate, yes I know you say file assocoiations are a mess with Vista, and i did check it and it was assigned for avi for Media Player. But i re assigned again just to make sure.

I get the infamous "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation". Yet I can double click on avi's mkv's etc and all play automatically in Media Player from Explorer.
I even tried this on a brand new Vista Ult install with only DVDProfiler installed, brand new virtual machine and still same message.

I have the correct codecs installed and KLCodecs have been installed and all movie files show the Media Player icon.

Is there a fix for this please?

I have a heap of movies on USB drive I want to run from DVDPro, and have done everything as described in the plugin notes [filepath]h:\movies\files\bb\black_hawk_down.avi[/filepath] and put the word "file" in the location field.

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,404
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Chipperfield:
Quote:
I have exactly the same problem but on Vista Home Premium
LoadDVD plugin v153  installed and USB hard drive storage
Everything properly assigned but still the same error message

Well this has been a problem for some time. At some point I made a change that I think favors the way XP does things, but Vista is a bit different. Anyway, it occurred to me only today - why not code both. If I get an error one way, try the other, and only if both ways don't work I will report back to the user. And, guess what - that worked for me on my Vista system. Thanks for reminding me.

LoadDVD V1.54 Available.

Enjoy. If you like it, show some love.

(BTW I coded this quickly, so I please report immediately if I broke something else that used to work in 1.53.)
(When will I learn ... dropped everything to atend to this "desparate" request  ... nary a peep ... )
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next