Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
Digital Archive and implementation in DVD Profiler
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDeatheye
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hello everyone

EDIT: If this runs under piracy, I'm sry. Please remove the post. This is meant just for personal use, not for distribution.

Not sure if this reall fits into this catergory. Cause it needs more then a plugin.

Right now I'm thinking about copying all DVD on to a server. Beeing able to watch the DVDs on every PC (even could connect a PC to the TV) without the need to search them inside the shelfs. Also removing the need to search DVDs inside the house xD

No I wondered is there any Ripping Software with implementation options to DVD Profiler. I'm thinking about a Program where I could copy the DVDs to a specific folder, preferrably having a list with severall folders, where I could select where to the DVD should go.
Then adding that information to the corresponding DVD inside DVD Profiler.
Going further it would even be nice to have the DVD Profiler pictures corresponding to that
DVD also inside that folder (Windows Folder preview). I just started to think about this. Any Ideas someone or anyone else that's thinking about building a digital archive, or is allready doing that?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantlmoelleb
Beer Profiler now!
Denmark Posts: 630
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have not seen any ripping software that connects directly to DVD Profiler, but given the time it takes to rib, the time to enter the data in the notes field allowing for example the LoadDVD to pick it up is not that bad.

Personally I use "Open Media Library" in a Windows Media Center setup - I enter the paths in the notes field (like it's done for the LoadDVD plugin) but apparently it's also possible to let Open Media Library find the files automatically, and then try to get the data from a DVD Profiler export file.

I would not recommend a Media Center based system if you do not have your computer connected to a TV though.
Regards
Lars
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next