Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
BulkEdit by Mediadogg - AWESOME!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantI-Fling-Poo
Game over man!
Canada Posts: 76
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Just thought I'd post a message here about Mediadogg's "BulkEdit" plugin.

About a week ago (maybe less) I posted a question on the Tech. Support forum regarding doing an automated copy of release date to purchase date on my collection.  I think this feature is extremely important to new users of DVDP who are scanning/typing in a sizeable collection (I did my 400+ in late December last year after purchasing DVDP).

When you first scan your collection, DVDP sets your Purchase Date as the date you scanned the item.  Normally this is fine for regular use where you scan each DVD/BluRay when you purchase it.  For new users though who are inputting a large collection, they don't necessarily remember when they purchased the disc.  For me, I've been collecting for about 12 years.  But what I did know was that I generally got all my DVDs on or shortly after their release date.

Why is this important?  It wasn't for me, until I discovered the graphing capabilities in DVDP.  When I graphed my "Purchase Dates", everything was listed in December 2008 (when I scanned everything).  I thought it would be cool though to see the graph of actual purchase dates (or a close proximity).

I'm rambling....    In my opinion, DVDP should have a feature when doing a bulk scan, for first time users, to set the purchase date to the release date.  But it doesn't.

Enter BulkEdit by MediaDogg.  While it didn't do what I wanted, MediaDogg saw my message on the Tech. Support forum and PM'd me.  He actually added the feature I wanted to his program, and within days I had a "beta" to try.  IT WORKED!  Saved me a whole lot of time compared to doing it manually.  And I have a small collection (400+).  Now I know that the year 2000 was my biggest year for purchases.  Critical info?  Of course not, but cool nonetheless. 

Thanks MediaDogg! 

Poo
(Scott)

PS - You'll have to ask MediaDogg when he plans on incorporating the change to the public release of BulkEdit.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
OMG I asked for some feedback, but I didn't expect this!! Many thanks for the time you took to make this report and the kind words.   
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkahless
TaH pagh taHbe'!
Germany Posts: 17,804
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
OMG I asked for some feedback, but I didn't expect this!! Many thanks for the time you took to make this report and the kind words.   

I'm one of (maybe) many anonymous users of your tool.

So, I'd like to say "Thank You" as well! 

YOU should be on the payroll! 
Thorsten
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting kahless:
Quote:
YOU should be on the payroll! 

Hey hey!  Nice to hear from someone who has also been recognized.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next