Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
Help with TV cast & Crew
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorlocutus2k
Wine, women and song
Italy Posts: 76
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi: i would like to integrate the TV cast and crew data from the Tom Gaines site. I've downloaded and unzipped the xml files, but i don't know how to integrate them in the DVDprofiler program.
Can someone please help?

I've already downloaded and installed the awards file with no problem: is the TV data the same?

I'm confused
I can resist everything but temptation.
 Last edited: by locutus2k
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorTomGaines
Registered Sept. 24, 2001
Germany Posts: 2,005
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Open a XML file in a text editor and copy everything to clipboard (Ctrl+A -> Ctrl+C).
Then open the edit window of the profile in question in DVD Profiler, goto Cast or Crew (depending if you copied cast or crew), right-click on the list on the right-hand side and select "Paste All Cast/Crew".

The more current versions of the cast and crew data from my site you will get, if you use my Cinematic Collection Viewer. There you get the recent data via File->Update->TV Data.
After you got the data, you can right-click on a season entry (in TV mode), and select "Copy to Clipboard->Cast/Crew". This will get you a more current version of the XML into your clipboard for pasting into DVD Profiler.

The ZIP file with the prepared Profiler XML is only updated irregularly.

DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributornorthbloke
United Kingdom Posts: 5,459
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Actually, I was wondering if you could help me, I've just finished doing a full update of The Munsters cast & crew including 3.5 crew and I thought I'd share (seeing how your original cast lists were a big help).
But I can't work out how - I'm probably being dumb! 
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:
Actually, I was wondering if you could help me, I've just finished doing a full update of The Munsters cast & crew including 3.5 crew and I thought I'd share (seeing how your original cast lists were a big help).
But I can't work out how - I'm probably being dumb! 

Where did you edit the cast & crew? In Profiler or in CCViewer? I.e. from to where do you want to transfer?

Posted:
I did it in Profiler, but I have your cast and crew editor so can go via that if it helps.
Posted:
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:
I did it in Profiler, but I have your cast and crew editor so can go via that if it helps.

Transferring from Profiler to Viewer is a little tricky, but it can be done. I have written a script for this (it's available in CCViewer via File->Update->Other Data), but I think it's easiest if you send me the cast & crew XML as two separate XML files and I will do the conversion.

Posted:
Okie dokie - I'll just stick them in PMs rather than clog up the forums - is that good enough for you?
Or would you rather me email you the actual xml files?
Posted:
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:
Okie dokie - I'll just stick them in PMs rather than clog up the forums - is that good enough for you?
Or would you rather me email you the actual xml files?

I prefer email. Then I can better track my ToDos.
I usually convert the XMLs I got from others in batches instead doing them at the time I get them.

Posted:
On it's way.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMike D.
Registered March 20, 2004
United States Posts: 663
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:

I have found that if you use Tom's program for TV cast and crew editing, its so much easier to edit than Profiler. With Profiler you have to search for each cast and crew member when you add a new episode, while with Tom's program it has a series cast/crew list and it so much easier to find someone when editing a show.

Also for transfering from the Cinematic Collection Viewer to Profiler all you have to do is right click on the season you want and copy to clipboard the cast or crew. Then when in Profiler right click again in either the cast or crew and paste.
We're on a mission from God.

Posted:
Another advantage is, that when transfering back to Profiler, it will automatically set common names (i.e. it has a global alias mapping table).
You can circumvent it, when pressing Ctrl while clicking on "Copy to Clipboard->Cast/Crew".
The same goes for single cast/crew list copy, when you edit the cast/crew for movie profiles.

Also with "Duplicate Episode", it will duplicate cast/crew and you only have to change what differs between episodes.

Last edited: by TomGaines
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next