Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
PlayFromDisk.bat
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantsined23
Canada Posts: 7
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Why can't i get it to work with PowerDVD or DiVX 7 Player ? Could it be something with Kaspersky since when i push the button the bat file popup Kaspersky shortly or it's something else ?
Note that file association with Windows media Player is working fine and start properly under DVDProfiler with the word ''file'' under location

Here is a copy of the BAT file :
@echo off
rem %1 DescriptionSideA
rem %2 profileid - this is usually the UPC code
rem %3 disc#
rem %4 slot# or collection#
rem %5 Title or Sort Title or Label Side A
rem %6 filepath
rem %7 mediatype = "DVD", "HD" or "BluRay"
rem %8 and thereafter - remainder of Location field
echo %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
if %7=="DVD" C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe %6
if %7=="HD" c:\program files\cyberlink\powerdvd\powerdvd.exe %6
if %7=="BluRay" c:\program files\cyberlink\powerdvd\powerdvd.exe %6

Here is the notes info :
[filepath]I:\DVD\A Long Time Ago\VIDEO_TS\video_ts.ifo[/filepath]

Under Location : PLAY

P.S. if i click the IFO file with explorer it start PowerDVD correctly and play the movie
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorcvermeylen
Belgium Posts: 1,946
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Your variables are not defined. You used the rem command, which is short for remark.

Remove the rem statement before each % value. I haven't analyzed the rest of the bat-file. It's been quite a while since I used those 
View my collection at http://www.chriskepolis.be/home/dvd.htm

Chris
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
Quoting cvermeylen:
Quote:
Your variables are not defined. You used the rem command, which is short for remark.

Remove the rem statement before each % value. I haven't analyzed the rest of the bat-file. It's been quite a while since I used those 

Sorry, that is incorrect. If you remove those REM statements, nothing will work. Don't do it. The variables are command line varaiables, and are pre-defined in DOS/windows. The REM statements serve as remiinders / documentation of what data is passed in to the bat file from LoadDVD.

The bat file appears to be correctly coded. I will come back and edit when I get time to look at it more. I iwsh this post had been made in the correct thread, but I'm so busy right now, I don't even have time to complain!!! 

Edit: You might want to try putting the program path statements in quotes. Did you see the examples in the LoadDVD thread? Sorry, gotta run for now. Good luck.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantbuckfoss
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm having the same problems also, but this time with Total Extreme.  I followed exactly the instructions under the main thread by Martin_60.  I have tried it both with and without the quotation marks in PlayfromDisk.bat and also in the notes field.  I made sure that I had the correct location of uDTStart.exe (and also in an alternative try uDigital Theater.exe).  If I just double click on Video_TS.ifo, it plays properly in the Total Extreme player

If this is any help, I have tried this both under vista x32 and vista x64 (two different machines).  In both cases, when I go to check the options for LoadDVD, DVDProfiler crashes.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
Quoting buckfoss:
Quote:
I'm having the same problems also, but this time with Total Extreme.  I followed exactly the instructions under the main thread by Martin_60.  I have tried it both with and without the quotation marks in PlayfromDisk.bat and also in the notes field.  I made sure that I had the correct location of uDTStart.exe (and also in an alternative try uDigital Theater.exe).  If I just double click on Video_TS.ifo, it plays properly in the Total Extreme player

If this is any help, I have tried this both under vista x32 and vista x64 (two different machines).  In both cases, when I go to check the options for LoadDVD, DVDProfiler crashes.

OMG disaster. Seems like I need to look at this even before the new toolkit. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the additional info regarding the error circumstances.

The options bug and the other bug are two different things, so let's focus on the PlayFromDisk issue first.

One way to get some good info test easiily is simply to type PlayFromDisk.bat into a command line, supplying the parameters that would have come from LoadDVD manually. This will allow you see what, if any error messages you get. This may be failing even though double clicking the file is working, for any number of reasons. This will help sort it out. (By the way, maybe you want to post you bat file?)

The same can be accomplished by coding play/s instead of just play, and inserting a pause statement in your PlayFromDisk.bat. If you also have an echo %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7  in there, you will see exactly what is passed to the .bat file from LoadDVD.

Please report results. thanks.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next