Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: Trading Post Page: 1  Previous   Next
WANTED: Sheena
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantvidjunkie
Avid DVD Collector!
United States Posts: 43
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I am looking for this version:
It has the 4:3 P&S version as well as the 2.35:1 anamorphic version(flipper disc) of the film.

I see the 4:3 P&S only version is available everywhere,I already have that one,but the funny thing is,they both have the same UPC code of UPC: 043396065352,and they both have identical front covers,but here is the back cover to the one I am after,

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5013/sheenabackcoverfo9.jpg

Thanks
 Last edited: by vidjunkie
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbigdaddyhorse
United States Posts: 2,621
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting dvdprofile9999:
Quote:
I am looking for this version:
It has the 4:3 P&S version as well as the 2.35:1 anamorphic version(flipper disc) of the film.

I see the 4:3 P&S only version is available everywhere,I already have that one,but the funny thing is,they both have the same UPC code of UPC: 043396065352,and they both have identical front covers,but here is the back cover to the one I am after,

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5013/sheenabackcoverfo9.jpg

Thanks

This was a hard disc to find. I went looking for it last year and first tried Amazon. Despite saying it was the WS version, a used seller sent me the FS version which I promtly returned. I ended up scoring on ebay for around $10, but had to weed through a lot of FS listings and then ask the seller to make sure before bidding. The same UPC makes ordering from any online site a gamble at best. I wouldn't even bother as the WS was scarce to begin with and by the time it hit the cheaper price, was replaced.

The WS print looks pretty bad, lots of grain and harsh edges, but is still worth seeing as the 4:3 is beyond pan and scan, it's missing picture on all 4 sides in the scenes I compared.

Good luck, wish I could help more.
Avid DVD Collector!
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thanks for the response,and that is what I am going to do,check ebay and start the weeding process,I actually have Sheena in widescreen from a project I did a while back,I took the HD broadcast of it and made a DVD out of it,and it looks great,but it is either 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 can't remember which,so it still isn't the OAR,but is is crisp,clear widescreen anamorphic.
still want the DVD for collection sake.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKatatonia
Retired Profiler
United States Posts: 20,111
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Sony has done this on tons of their older DVD releases, and later reissued them excluding the widescreen side of the disc: The Toy, Screamers, Mackenna's Gold, Idle Hands and countless others. It really makes little sense why.
Corey
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKathy
United States Posts: 3,475
Posted:
I have the copy you are looking for and I bought it at Big Lots for $5. They often have older releases at really cheap prices...good luck!
Avid DVD Collector!
Posted:
Kathy do you have a link?

I searched Big Lots and got a furniture store.

OK I see you actually have to go there and take a look,I have 3 in my area.

Thanks for the heads up.
 Last edited: by vidjunkie
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorwidescreenforever
Under A Double DoubleW
Canada Posts: 5,481
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Katatonia:
Quote:
Sony has done this on tons of their older DVD releases, and later reissued them excluding the widescreen side of the disc: The Toy, Screamers, Mackenna's Gold, Idle Hands and countless others. It really makes little sense why.

And Sheena is on this list.. from my other forum post..
In the 60's, People took Acid to make the world Weird. Now the World is weird and People take Prozac to make it Normal.

Terry
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbigdaddyhorse
United States Posts: 2,621
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kathy:
Quote:
I have the copy you are looking for and I bought it at Big Lots for $5. They often have older releases at really cheap prices...good luck!

Big Lots will be hit or miss, but is worth a try. The one closest to me had Sheena not long ago (when all the cheap Sony/HBO dvds started showing up) although of the 4 copies I saw here, all were the FS only version.  
Those Sheenas still disappeared at $3 each, and BL keeps getting new stuff. Now they have $2 discs from Artisan and $3 from Universal and Warner Bros, with a dash of Sony and HBO still there. Picked up Prom Night 3&4 for $2 the other day.   The bummer of the new (WB and Universal) stock is the barcodes have been hit with a knife, so the packages are all damaged on the back. A few old snapper cases only have marker marls across the barcode, but most have the knife.
Avid DVD Collector!
Posted:
OK after searching and searching and emailing ALOT of sellers on ebay,I finally found this title,and LOL it only cost me $5.10 plus shipping.

Thanks Kathy for checking the stores in your area for me.
    Invelos Forums->General: Trading Post Page: 1  Previous   Next