Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
Different Owned Columns for Blu-ray and DVD
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantcktb2793
United States Posts: 7
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Currently both Blu-Rays and DVD's have to go under the "Owned" column together.  If you want to separate them, you have to do it by media type and then Blu-Rays are together in alphabeticasl order and DVD's are together in alphabetical order.

However, I like to keep my movies in order by descending year of production.  Doing this mixes Blu-Rays and DVDs together.  There is no way to pick BOTH "sort by media type" AND "sort by production date"....... If there was this would solve the problem.

Right now I have all my Blu-rays under "owned" and and putting my DVD's under "wishlist".  Is there no way to get 2 owned colums?  One could be "Owned Blu-Rays" and the other could be "Owned DVDs".

I'm sure there are ALOT of people who would love to be able to have their collections separated and be able to order each collection the way they want instead of just by media typa and alphabetically.

Plus when their together inder the same column........ EVERYTHING gets mixed together in your "online collection".
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantcktb2793
United States Posts: 7
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
oops......I think I should of posted this in the "feature requests" section.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorsurfeur51
Since July 3, 2003
France Posts: 4,479
Posted:
Images from movies
 Last edited: by surfeur51
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantb00tleg
Posted:
This would be a nice option. Can anyone recommend a layout or an alternate means that could accomplish this.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've created a manual profile called HD.  Inside that I have two more manual profiles, one for HD DVD and one for Blu-ray.  Then under each of those, I add my HD DVDs and Blu-rays as child profiles.  That way my main list is my DVDs and if I open the HD parent profile, I can browse down to my HD media.

It may or may not work for you, but it does wonders for my needs.  I also have a profile called TV and under that I have profiles for each series and sort my TV stuff that way.
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next