Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
How do I make special filters for reports?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDABEELER
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I want to make a coffee table book with all my movies listed in special categories.

Example
- Spy moives
- James Bond movies
- Detective movies
- Western movies
- Comic Book Hero movies
- Christmas movies

I've played around with the filters but can't discover a way to come up with a way to filter things the way I want them to show up in the report.

If I could create a custom genre that would work, but I think their must be an easier way that I am missing.

Thanks for any help
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMarEll
United Kingdom Posts: 1,208
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
You could use tags.  As for making them show up the way you want in the report you'd need to elaborate on exactly what you're after.
Posted:
Is there a help page for tags anywhere? I've looked in help and haven't located anything saying how to use them or what they are for.

As for "exactly what I'm after"....

If I can use tags then I would like to make a tag that say "James Bond" for example.

Then every James Bond movie I have I would assign it that tag.

Then I could run a report for just movies with the "James Bond" tag to produce the report I want.

I would repeat these steps for each tag that I create and then combine the output from all those reports to make the coffee table book.

Will "tags" allow me to do this? If so where can I locate documentation on how to use them?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMarEll
United Kingdom Posts: 1,208
Posted:
No help page that I've seen but I could be wrong.

Can you see the 'set tags' window?  Pressing ctrl-t should bring it up if its not already visible.  You can create tags here by right clicking and selecting 'edit tags'.  You can also set the tags of individual profiles here or you can flag* the profiles then goto collection- flagged- edit tags to change multiple profiles at once.  Once you've set the tags of one or more profiles you can filter them in the filter window, which you can bring up with ctrl-f.

If this isn't helpful to you posting a screenshot of your current layout may be useful.

*to flag a profile hit the space bar while it is selcected.
 Last edited: by MarEll
Posted:
Thanks Alot MarEll thats what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
Quoting DABEELER:
Quote:
Is there a help page for tags anywhere?

You can click here for the Wiki entry on tags. It's pretty decent, with screenshots and instructions.

KM
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next