Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
Mukti Disc changer  help ??
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantreallysirius
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have a couple Sony dvd changers that  hold 400 each and i have now loaded my dvds in dvd profiler i am using the  numbering  system and loaded the dvds in the slots that are listed on profiler. The problem i have is i would like to load the 2nd changer and  and use the numbers 1-400 again  not 400 to 800. Can this be done ?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributornorthbloke
United Kingdom Posts: 5,459
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Depends on what numbering system you've used.
The way you probably would have been best using is the location/slot fields found in the Personalise section. You can put something like "Changer 1" in Location and then numbers 1-400 in the Slot. Then "Changer 2" for the next lot, and repeat 1-400 in the slot.

However if you've used the collection number to identify the slot, then I'm afraid those numbers have to be unique and can't be re-used.
 Last edited: by northbloke
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorLewis_Prothero
Strength Through Unity
Germany Posts: 6,730
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:
However if you've used the collection number to identify the slot, then I'm afraid those numbers have to be unique and can't be re-used.

Not entirely correct, you can enter custom collectionnumbers, the only thing that wouldn't work is the sorting by them. So multiple collectionnumbers like 3 times a 400 is possible what's not possible is a numeration like 1-001.
But since a double numbering wouldn't quite help I think that North's suggestion to use the "location/slot" fields is possibly the most helpful suggestion.
It all seems so stupid, it makes me want to give up!
But why should I give up, when it all seems so stupid?

Registrant since 05/22/2003
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,431
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting reallysirius:
Quote:
I have a couple Sony dvd changers that  hold 400 each and i have now loaded my dvds in dvd profiler i am using the  numbering  system and loaded the dvds in the slots that are listed on profiler. The problem i have is i would like to load the 2nd changer and  and use the numbers 1-400 again  not 400 to 800. Can this be done ?

Do you intend to play those DVDs from DVDProfiler (using the plugin LoadDVD)? If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the LoadDVD thread in the Plugins Forum. You can control your changers from DVD Profiler!

If so, the following schemes can be used:

(1) Collection number. If you set CX995V as the default changer, LoadDVD will use up to three changers by synthesizing a slot number, modulo 400. The Sony CX995V has three separate IR codes, so that LoadDVD sends unique codes for changer 1 - slots 1 - 400 from collection #1-400, changer 2 slots 1 - 400 from collection # 401-800, etc.

(2) Location / slot.
If you code cx995v1, cx995v2 or cx995v3 in the location field, and the changer slot in the slot field, LoadDVD will then control the changers that way. You have a location and slot for each disc in a profile, so the changer slots do not have to be sequentially ordered with collection number.

(3) Totally custom:
If you code "play" in the location field, LoadDVD calls a script that you can code anything you want, such as Home Theater control software. It will pass all the information you need to the script, such as DVD title, collection number, location, slot, UPC, disc number, disc label, etc.

Ok, go have some major fun! 
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next