Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
Automatic XML export plugin - anyone brave enough to try it?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantlmoelleb
Beer Profiler now!
Denmark Posts: 630
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
When having an application replying on the XML export of DVD Profiler my standard "workflow" has always been as follows:

1) Open DVD Profiler.
2) Edit/Add profile(s).
3) Close DVD Profiler.
4) Curse at my own stupidity.
5) Open DVD profiler.
6) Export DVD Collection to XML.
7) Close DVD Profiler.

I have now made a plugin to keep an XML export updated automatically, allowing me to skip step 4-7 above.

It's my first plugin, so before releasing it completely it would probably be best if a few brave people where willing to try it out first - just to make sure the installer actually runs etc.

If you are interested drop me a PM or reply here. If no one is interested I'll make the conclusion no one else needs it and keep it to myself.

There are a few limitations in the plugin: I have not tried it with 3.5 beta, and I doubt it will work very well if you have multiple databases you switch between regularly (as far as I know a plugin can't detect which database you have open).
Regards
Lars
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,432
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Can't you use a batch that is performing this task upon exiting DVD Profiler?

IIRC there is a standard batch file name that DVDProfiler could run whe being closed. simply add the action to export to export to XML into that and you should be fine...?

EDIT:
BTW, I believe it's a new function in 3.5, which is currently in beta...
Achim [諾亞信; Ya-Shin//Nuo], a German in Taiwan.
 Last edited: by nuoyaxin
Beer Profiler now!
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Could be, I have not looked at 3.5 - but unless the XML export speed has increased I still prefer the plugin.
Regards
Lars
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,432
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting lmoelleb:
Quote:
Could be, I have not looked at 3.5 - but unless the XML export speed has increased I still prefer the plugin.

Well. There was me reading too fast again (I thought you were looking for something like that, rather than offering it...)

Well, as I often export, as do most users of phpdvdprofiler, I think I would have a good use for this! I'll drop you a PM as well so you can tell me more details of what you'd want me to do.
Achim [諾亞信; Ya-Shin//Nuo], a German in Taiwan.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMattJackson86
Posted:
Any updates to this?
Beer Profiler now!
Posted:
There was limited interest so I did not prioritize it. I am planning to use it myself early next year to automate my Open Media Library import - and then I'll release this plugin.
Regards
Lars
Beer Profiler now!
Posted:
It can now be downloaded from here. You can also find it in Downloads/Plugins under the name "Instant Export".
Regards
Lars
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next