Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
How to Generate Preview Image for Report?
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnorthjack
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have created a couple reports, but I cannot find out how to create a preview thumbnail image of the report. Please help. Thanks.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributornorthbloke
United Kingdom Posts: 5,459
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
The preview image isn't something that is generated automatically.
Easiest way I can think of is to run the report, then press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This will put a screen grab onto the clipboard. You can then paste this into an image editor, crop it and change it to look the way you want, then either save it as a jpeg somewhere and load it into your report (in Edit Report), or copy it onto the clipboard and paste it (again in Edit Report).
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantjfrench
United States Posts: 347
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi,

I tried this procedure and much to my amazement it worked wonderfully.  It seems to violate the maximum file size restriction and I thought the format would be wrong.

Creating Report Preview Image

1) Download and install freeware "CutePDF Writer" if not already on computer. Do the same for "Adobe Reader".

2) Goto "Reports" and "Run Report" for which Preview image is desired.

3) Click Print Report Icon.

4) Select the page desired for the Preview image.

5) Click "Select/Setup Printer..." and select "CutePDF Writer" and click "OK"

6) Click "Current" in the "Print Range" block.

7) Click "Print" and choose a location in which to save the file.  The default filename will probably be OK.  Change if desired. Press "Save".

8) Click the "Show Desktop" icon and navigate to the PDF file just saved and double-click it to display in Adobe Reader.

10) Click "Edit" and then click "Copy file to Clipboard"

11) Click the minimized DVD Profiler button to return to the "Print Preview" screen and eXit.

12) Click "Edit Report".

13) Click "Paste Preview Image"

14) Click "Save & Close"
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next