Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
Stored files for Select / Sort
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantWineGuy
United States Posts: 6
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I see that rather than having to 'a priori' filter and sort the Collection before generating a report, there seems to be a way to store filter/sort schemes in a file.  At least that is what I am guessing since I see "As defined in a file" as an option (that looks for a .flt file) under "Select / Sort" in the Options area of the Reports screen, and there is a similar-looking "Custom Filter/Sort" option in the Edit Report screen.  I've scoured the Helps and cannot find any reference to storing such schemes.  Some insight or pointers would be much appreciated.

WineGuy
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantjfrench
United States Posts: 347
Posted:
Hi,

I've recently had similar questions and your post prompted me to experiment.

I selected Animated and Family in the Genres section of filters and saved this as Cartoon.flt.  I then cleared all filters and went to the Report section.  I then selected "Cartoon.flt" in the "As defined in file:" section of the "Select/Sort" area of "Options".  The same files were chosen as previously.

It seemed to take quite a bit longer to generate the Report, however.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantjfrench
United States Posts: 347
Posted:
Hi again,

Okay, I re-read your post and saw my mistake.

I saved "Cartoons.flt" as the file in "Custom Filter/Sort:" and then saved the Report as "Cartoons.dpr"

When I ran the report with nothing previously selected it did display those files which I had previously filtered.

I hope this helps and that I finally got it right.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantWineGuy
United States Posts: 6
Posted:
OK, I see how to select "filter" elements (what to include) and store those in a fiile.  However, I still don't see any way to "Sort" the lists (determine the order items are listed) in a way that would be stored.  I go through three Sort actions to get the list in the desired order, and would like to have that done automatically.

WineGuy
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next