Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Profile Links Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next
Validity of Wikipedia links
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDaddy DVD
Lost in Translation
Netherlands Posts: 2,366
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting kahless:
Quote:
So it's a little bit unfair to allege anybody of us selfish motives like scorings or whatsoever. 

I'm not accusing anybody, I'm only sharing my thoughts. But nevermind I've had it with this pool of negativity anyway. I'm quiting to respond here, because I'm tired of constantly defending my opinion and seeing the same questions and answers over and over again. I will join the anonimous crowd and I'm wishing everybody who will stay here all the luck with agreeing how much they hate the ones that don't feel the way they feel. Sayonara!
Martin Zuidervliet

DVD Profiler Nederlands
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorreybr
Norway Posts: 906
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Martin_Zuidervliet:
Quote:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:
And why must the link be good looking?

That's simple, because it's easier to read for the average user. Or do you think everybody understands what is meant with "%28film%29"?

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you. I like being able to read a link without having to 'translate' the %28, the %29 and the %2f to the correct character. If the links works without these replacements, I'm all for using the 'prettier' link

The colour of her eyes, were the colour of insanity
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quote:
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
so far you are the only one I personally seen mention such a thing.

That's because most users don't bother to visit these forums anymore. Or didn't you have noticed that the respond has shrunk to a new depth? As long as these forums are not properly being moderated the "good" users including their opinions will stay away.

Then don't pretend that you KNOW what they want, Martin. You aren't telepathic. If people don't care enough to voice their opinion...well so be it. It's a lot like our election system in the US, we all have the ability to vote and voice opinion, many choose to not participate...they then, in my view have no business griping about the results.

I am still looking for this mysterious Miss URL, can't find her, is this something specific to your part of the globe.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quote:
Quoting kahless:
Quote:
So it's a little bit unfair to allege anybody of us selfish motives like scorings or whatsoever. 

I'm not accusing anybody, I'm only sharing my thoughts. But nevermind I've had it with this pool of negativity anyway. I'm quiting to respond here, because I'm tired of constantly defending my opinion and seeing the same questions and answers over and over again. I will join the anonimous crowd and I'm wishing everybody who will stay here all the luck with agreeing how much they hate the ones that don't feel the way they feel. Sayonara!

Sorry you feel that way, Martin. I don't see the negativity you do though, I see healthy debate, and passionate discussions (sometimes). Au revoir.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,308
Posted:
That is just it... if they are silent about it... no one knows what they think. For all he knows the majority of the silent ppl could agree with us... for all we know they could agree with him. But if they do not let their opinions known... all we can go with is what the people that do let their opinions known think... and the majority of those seem to be ppl that don't care what the link looks like as long as it works and is correct for the profile/film.
Pete
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorNexus the Sixth
Contributor since 2002
Sweden Posts: 3,188
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Well, personally I have stopped submitting new links until this and other matters have been sorted out. I don't care to invest any more time in something that apparently is not appreciated. 

FWIW, I have removed all my "invalid" links for those who want to substiitute them with their own "good looking" links. After all, who keeps score, right? 
First registered: February 15, 2002
 Last edited: by Nexus the Sixth
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributor?
?
Posted:
Got this morning up with your left feet out of bed? ("got up on the wrong side of the bed."?)
Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
 Last edited: by ?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
Quoting Giga Wizard:
Quote:
Got this morning up with your left feet out of bed?

FYI: In English the expression is "got up on the wrong side of the bed."

KM
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
 Last edited: by Astrakan
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkahless
TaH pagh taHbe'!
Germany Posts: 17,804
Posted:
Quoting Astrakan:
Quote:
Quoting Giga Wizard:
Quote:
Got this morning up with your left feet out of bed?

FYI: In English the expression is "got up on the wrong side of the bed."

KM

Thanks Astrakan for the info. In Germany we have the same expression as Giga ("mit dem linken Fuss aufstehen")!
I like the opportunity to improve the knowledge of the english language in this forum!

Edit:
What is it in French? I there something similar? 
Thorsten
 Last edited: by kahless
?
Posted:
to make things clear:

link appreciations and have nothing to do with:

posting submitter appreciations

and yes nobody love's those but they only delete the link from that profile and don't damage your reputation. And yes I like a tidy link when possible. (The eye want's also something)
Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
 Last edited: by ?
TaH pagh taHbe'!
Posted:
Quoting Giga Wizard:
Quote:
And yes I like a tidy link when possible. (The eye want's also something)

Tidy links? 

This eye?

Thorsten
?
Posted:
Quoting kahless:
Quote:
Tidy links? 

säuberlich, herb, fröhlich, heiter, lustig, begeistert, munter, ausgelassen, ordentlich, sauber, tadellos, gepflegt, aufgeräumt, aufgeräumt, geordent, sauber, aufgeräumt, reinlich, sauber und rein, ordentlich, hygienisch, rein, gepflegt, geordnet ... >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_(film) 
?
Posted:
and these are realy   
www.soundamerica.com/soundamerica/sounds/play.cfm?tpath=/sounds/themes/Movies/stgener2.wav&tname=stgener2.wav
www.soundamerica.com/soundamerica/sounds/play.cfm?tpath=/sounds/themes/Movies/stgener1.wav&tname=stgener1.wav
www.soundamerica.com/soundamerica/sounds/play.cfm?tpath=/sounds/themes/Movies/st8fc1.wav&tname=st8fc1.wav
TaH pagh taHbe'!
Posted:
Quoting Giga Wizard:
Quote:
Quoting kahless:
Quote:
Tidy links? 

säuberlich, herb, fröhlich, heiter, lustig, begeistert, munter, ausgelassen, ordentlich, sauber, tadellos, gepflegt, aufgeräumt, aufgeräumt, geordent, sauber, aufgeräumt, reinlich, sauber und rein, ordentlich, hygienisch, rein, gepflegt, geordnet ... >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_(film) 

I think I understand, this is tidy - isn't it??
Thorsten
 Last edited: by kahless
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
Quoting kahless:
Quote:

Hey, a couple of years ago I went as Mr. Clean (Mr. Proper in Europe I believe) for Halloween.

KM
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorJimmy S
Canada Posts: 1,982
Posted:
Quoting kahless:
Quote:
What is it in French? I there something similar? 

Same as the english expression : "Tu t'es levé du mauvais pied ce matin?"
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Profile Links Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next