Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Profile Links Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
www.dvdpascher.net (French overviews in the Netherlands locality)
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributor?
?
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
these are all french reviews several of them are in the Netherlands locality, this should not be the case?
Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Especially now that Ken has added some new switches to correct this problem.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDaddy DVD
Lost in Translation
Netherlands Posts: 2,366
Posted:
Not to mention all those english reviews of other releases...
Martin Zuidervliet

DVD Profiler Nederlands
?
Posted:
I'm fine having the English releases of overview.
Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
That I would say be careful of, Giga. WhatI notice on many of the french reviews is that they are different UPCs, of course, which depending upon the type of review may be important. The review sites I use, give ratings which are specific to that release, video, sound, etc. A generic film review in French is fine, I can read it, but if it is specific to that particular French version then it is not relevant to the corresponding English language version.

I am going back and changing the ones I have supplied to take advantage of the new switching. I am a little indecisive, when I have reviews on multiple versions I may own as having both in reviews in each version provides theoretically comparative information which could be useful to other users.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorZwollenaar
DVDProfiler..,We needs it
Netherlands Posts: 4,506
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Can't we delete those French reviews somehowe...?
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Be patient. I will give everyone I find, that is a different UPC# a nefative vote in the hopes that they will be removed, for the reasons I previously indicated.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
?
Posted:
for every link that should not be there the only thing you can do is add a. This has no consequence for you or the one that supplyied the link.
 Last edited: by ?
prune99
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ken Cole:
Quote:

Links can be added to any profile in your collection - Owned, Ordered, or Wish List.  However, the links aren't tied to a specific profile.  They're linked up by Production Year and Title or Original Title if that's set.  So, add one link to "The Matrix" and it will be added to every variation - all 73 of them.

Doesn't that mean that if a german user sends a link to a german review, or an italian to an italian review, or a french to a french review on movies that have the same title in many languages (Ben-hur, Gladiator, Lord of War, Klute, Casablanca...), all profiles with this title will get the link?

I suspect the links to dvdpascher were sent on the correct UPCs, so no one deserves a red arrow (except if the link is not the corresponding movie).
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkahless
TaH pagh taHbe'!
Germany Posts: 17,804
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
BTW:
IMHO it would be better if these arrows had another design as the reputation arrows. I'm hardly able to press those red zingers anyway...
Thorsten
 Last edited: by kahless
?
Posted:
for once you can do it without hard feelings
prune99
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Giga Wizard:
Quote:
for once you can do it without hard feelings

I thought you had not read what Ken wrote. In fact you are just stupid and wicked...
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDaddy DVD
Lost in Translation
Netherlands Posts: 2,366
Posted:
Quoting prune99:
Quote:
Doesn't that mean that if a german user sends a link to a german review, or an italian to an italian review, or a french to a french review on movies that have the same title in many languages (Ben-hur, Gladiator, Lord of War, Klute, Casablanca...), all profiles with this title will get the link?

The link was probably sent before this change was added by Ken, which didn't made it invalid at that time.
Martin Zuidervliet

DVD Profiler Nederlands
 Last edited: by Daddy DVD
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
That was an unnecessary comment, prune.

In fact, I think we all understood what Ken had said, BUT that was also before he added the new switches, so who ever has been adding the dvdpascher or any other such reviews should go back and redo them, removing them and then re-installing them using the This Profile Only switch. I have already done that for the titles I initially sent up, but then.....

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting prune99:
Quote:
Quoting Ken Cole:
Quote:

Links can be added to any profile in your collection - Owned, Ordered, or Wish List.  However, the links aren't tied to a specific profile.  They're linked up by Production Year and Title or Original Title if that's set.  So, add one link to "The Matrix" and it will be added to every variation - all 73 of them.

I suspect the links to dvdpascher were sent on the correct UPCs, so no one deserves a red arrow (except if the link is not the corresponding movie).

these links were added before a correction was done so that the links can be tied to a single profile. This means that French (or german) links should now be specific to the French or German profile.

And we just have to red arrow the (now) bad links.

These don't reflect on the submitter and are only used to confirm or otherwise the validity of the link.
Paul
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
I have already done that for the titles I initially sent up, but then.....

Skip

I'm assuming that any that I submitted which are now invalid will be marked accordingly and deleted.

I assume the only way of editing them to move them to the single profile is to delete and re-add?
Paul
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Profile Links Page: 1 2  Previous   Next