Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next
NameVariants plugin and Vista
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorStaid S Barr
Netherlands Posts: 1,536
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have been using the NameVariants iplugin ntensively on my XP machine, which however recently crashed after an attempt to install SP3.

I am no trying to move some of my work including DVDP to a Vista laptop. However, when trying to install NameVariants, I get (after double-clicking "install":

The module "NVPlugin.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80020009.

Should I move this dll to some specific place?

Regards,
Hans
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributor?
?
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Register DLL and Executable Files Manually
Step 1
  • Know the path and file names of the files you wish to register.

• Step 2
  • Click "Run" from the Start menu.

• Step 3
  • Type the following into the field provided: regsvr32 "[path]\NameOfFile.extension". [path] is the directory where the file is located. For example: C:\ The extension will be .dll

• Step 4
  • Look for the dialog box that says "DLL Register Server in C:\Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/MSI Tools/mergemod.dll succeeded." Click "OK." Your file is successfully registered.

• Step 5
  • Type "[path]\NameOfFile.exe" /REGSERVER" to register an executable file.

• Step 6
  • Launch the program manually if it does not launch automatically, in order to check and see if the registration was successful. Remember that without certain files attached to the registry, the program will not run successfully on Windows Vista.

• where did you find the dll on your xp? put in the same folder for vista
    Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
    DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributor?
    ?
    Posted:
    PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
    Sources for one or more of the changes and/or additions were not submitted. Please include the sources for your changes in the contribution notes, especially for cast and crew additions.
    DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorStaid S Barr
    Netherlands Posts: 1,536
    Posted:
    PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
    Quoting Giga Wizard:
    Quote:
    Register DLL and Executable Files Manually
    Step 1
  • Know the path and file names of the files you wish to register.

• Step 2
  • Click "Run" from the Start menu.

• Step 3
  • Type the following into the field provided: regsvr32 "[path]\NameOfFile.extension". [path] is the directory where the file is located. For example: C:\ The extension will be .dll

• Step 4
  • Look for the dialog box that says "DLL Register Server in C:\Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/MSI Tools/mergemod.dll succeeded." Click "OK." Your file is successfully registered.

• Step 5
  • Type "[path]\NameOfFile.exe" /REGSERVER" to register an executable file.

• Step 6
  • Launch the program manually if it does not launch automatically, in order to check and see if the registration was successful. Remember that without certain files attached to the registry, the program will not run successfully on Windows Vista.

• where did you find the dll on your xp? put in the same folder for vista

Thanks. Step 3 above solves the problem of registering the dll. Somehow I did not find any of this information when searching the forums. My report is now in xml form, not in the table I usually have, but I'll figure that out.
    Hans
    DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantritchf
    Loop (noun): see Loop
    United Kingdom Posts: 150
    Posted:
    PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
    The way I found to get the install to work correctly on vista, was to open the folder with the install file in it highlight it and then Right Click->Run as administrator

Hope this helps.

Ritch
    Learning is not mandatory, but then neither is survival.
        Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1  Previous   Next