Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 3 4 5 6  Previous   Next
New Plugin: Trading Poster TG
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorTomGaines
Registered Sept. 24, 2001
Germany Posts: 2,005
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Adding them manually won't solve the issue. But as the entries are missing, it suggests, that the registering didn't work after all. I won't be able to look further into it just now, as I have an early day tomorrow and I have to turn in now. And I will be away for the next three days. I will look into it when I get back.
halimali seems to have a similar problem with my CCVPlugin.

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTaro
Belgium Posts: 1,580
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thank you very much for looking into it, much appreciated! Take your time as I understand all too well that daily life priorities tend to get in the way of our hobby 
Blu-ray collection
DVD collection
My Games
My Trophies
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Apologies up front for butting in  , but I once had a nightmare scenario with DVDP registry while testing, and here is what I needed to do to finally get past it (what of it I remember). Maybe, this is not relevant to your situation, but just in case:

(1) I found a place in the registry where DVDP lists known plugins
(2) I found that there could be multiple entries per plugin, one for each registered, not successfully unregistered, instance of each GUID

In order to get out of it, I had to delete all the known entries for the problem plugin, while DVDP was not running, then find all instances of the plugin dll, anywhere on any hard drive that DVDP could see, and delete them as well. I think I needed also to reboot. I swear once, DVDP found an old dll that was in the trash bin - but maybe it was my paranoia. Make sure to check all those "roaming" and other oddball locations, and the system recovery partition for that old dll that is preventing the new one from being registered.

It was a while ago, so take this with a few grains of salt, but there may be some clues in there. Since that time, I have rewritten my installation scripts to silently unregister and delete prior dlls during the installation process in order to try and prevent duplicates.

Once, I had to recompile with an old GUID, then unregister the dll, but that might have been before I discovered the DVDP known plugins registry..

Anyway, once again, sorry to presume to intrude on a fellow developer's "turf," but I hope you would do the same for me. 
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I welcome any hint anyone can give me, because as of now I am stumped where I should start looking.

I will try googling some possible causes this weekend.
@Taro: in the meantime, could you try the following (based on mediadogg's hint)?

- uninstall my plugin while Profiler is closed
- search and delete any registry key called {B55D3C18-3875-4D3C-99E9-D5DF048F6FC4}
- search and delete any registry containing the string TradingPosterTG
- reboot and then install plugin again

Does this fix the issue?

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTaro
Belgium Posts: 1,580
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
thank you all for your help and suggestions. I'll try TomGaines' suggestion and get back to you all with the results.

Any easy way to quickly search for all registry entries for TPTG? Is there a search function I can use?
Blu-ray collection
DVD collection
My Games
My Trophies
Posted:
just open regedit and open search dialog (ctrl+f) and run the search. Continue search by pressing F3 for finding all following matches.

DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
crazy idea for a future release:

I use TP to copy covers from and to the Images-folder, see this posting

I omitted the fact that I normally use "TP_Title - TP_ProfileIDf.jpg" for naming the covers in the work-directory because I then would have had to explain that TP_Title can consist of characters that aren't allowed in filenames. I simply search&replace them out in the editor.

Would it be possible to include something like TP_Title_clean where all characters that aren't allowed were filtered out by TP? Even if the such generated filenames look a bit whack in some instances, it would still be more human-readable than just the ID.

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
Posted:
Yes, I can do that. Should these characters just be left out altogether, or would you like a replacement character?

Sushi Annihilator
Posted:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:
Yes, I can do that. Should these characters just be left out altogether, or would you like a replacement character?

According to this the culprits are: < > ? " : | \ / * &

I think simply dropping them would suffice. Sure e.g. 'Burke & Hare' would convert to 'Burke  Hare' with two spaces, but as it is (for me) only temporary to work with it that wouldn't be any problem at all.
Posted:
New version: v1.5

New: TP_Title_FileName and TP_OriginalTitle_FileName for printing titles with characters removed which are not allowed in file names
New: List of available custom tags inside of settings dialog to easily add them to custom body code
Fix: Handle empty purchase place, overview and notes in custom trading poster

Sushi Annihilator
Posted:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:
New version: v1.5

New: TP_Title_FileName and TP_OriginalTitle_FileName for printing titles with characters removed which are not allowed in file names

Nice! 
Quote:
New: List of available custom tags inside of settings dialog to easily add them to custom body code

Excellent idea, so I don't have to find the ReadMe when I once again forgot how exactly the variable was spelled.

thanx, Mithi
Posted:
Quoting Mithi:
Quote:
Excellent idea, so I don't have to find the ReadMe when I once again forgot how exactly the variable was spelled.

Finding the readme file is easy though: It opens when you press the help button in the window title bar

Posted:
New version v1.6

Change: Handle "TP_MyLinks" better.

Posted:
New version: v1.7
Change: Switch to newer .NET Framework. It still used .NET 2, which is not available on Windows 10 by default
Change: WhatYaGot now uses another template fitting for all, not just phpDVDProfiler users, for the WhatYaGot thread in forum  DVD Collectors Online

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hey Tom. Wonderful to see you still at the post!

BTW, your DropBox link is not working. Good to see you around, just the same.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
Posted:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Hey Tom. Wonderful to see you still at the post!

BTW, your DropBox link is not working. Good to see you around, just the same.

You mean the dropbox link to my collection? Sadly dropbox doesn't support linking of html pages anymore. And I haven't got a webspace which could handle my HTML collection.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 3 4 5 6  Previous   Next