Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
Format version errors / strange site display
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBattling Butler
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ken Cole:
Quote:
After several calls to network solutions, I finally convinced them to escalate to an engineer at about 3 am.  At 4 am the correct domain resolution began to propagate.  You should be able to revert your hosts file changes now.

If you're still experiencing any issues, try rebooting your PC.

Thanks Ken, h.s., that was really a mess!  Is this what happens whenever someone tries a DNS change?
Please don't do it too often 
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantCalInTheZone
Color for the colorblind!
Denmark Posts: 92
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ken Cole:
Quote:
After several calls to network solutions, I finally convinced them to escalate to an engineer at about 3 am.  At 4 am the correct domain resolution began to propagate.  You should be able to revert your hosts file changes now.

If you're still experiencing any issues, try rebooting your PC.

Why not just lover TTL? Two hours is high when you change DNS.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Germany Posts: 2,216
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting CalInTheZone:
Quote:

Lowering the TTL on your DNS-server takes you only so far. And you have of course to propagate the TTL-change beforehand.

Back in 1998 I worked for a little ISP and everytime we had to change something in a customers DNS-entry it droves us mad that German Telekom (biggest dial-in provider at that time) just ignored TTLs and set then to 24 hours by default on their dns-resolvers. So a lot of our customers got online at home "to have a look" and didn't see jack on the first day. 
I don't need to mention that I was the one getting the angry calls next morning, do I?

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML --- DVD-Profiler Mini-Wiki
 Last edited: by Mithi
Posted:
Quoting Mithi:
Quote:
Quoting CalInTheZone:
Quote:

Lowering the TTL on your DNS-server takes you only so far. And you have of course to propagate the TTL-change beforehand.

I'm not new to DNS I'm an administrator at Denmarks largest DNS host with around 150,000 zones and know all about the problems and know of servers ignoring auth values and I'm pleased to say only armature ISP's does that today.
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeKen Cole
Invelos Software
United States Posts: 4,282
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
FYI, we didn't change DNS records, we changed the host authority.  It should have been seamless but wasn't.
Invelos Software, Inc. Representative
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
I'm not sure if there is a problem at the moment with the online system and if its connected with this?

I'm trying to download from my online site to the PC and I keep getting the message "Connection closed gracefully".

Its worked in the past so I'm not sure what has changed?
Paul
Posted:
Quoting Ken Cole:
Quote:
FYI, we didn't change DNS records, we changed the host authority.  It should have been seamless but wasn't.

Same thing if you don't leave the records on the old server. Then you got the negative response for the duration of the refresh period.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorFast Eddy 2007
Ciao Bella
Netherlands Posts: 12
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hello,
I have difficulties with the latest version of DVD profiler. My 3.5 version works properly, but i can't get the 3.6 version to work properly also. I've downloaded it and installed it more than 30 (!!) times, but it still doesn't work. I can't get the database imported. 1 time it did work but than i could go from my collection list to my wishlist. My PC gets stuck. So I bought a new and faster PC. you think my troubles are over? sorry the download works but i can't get my back ups installed or the reset from my online collection, also the onlinelist.dod doesn't work. I can't get all my dvd's again imported seperately because the program does think i already own them, i think. I really don't know what to do.I don't hope i must import all my disc seperately. Is ther anything you can do for me?? Pleas contact me by mail. Thanks and regards. Ed van Straten Holland
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnebebo
United States Posts: 9
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hey, 
I to am having problems with the new version 3.6.1,  When I click on a movie it displays a totally different movie name and everything, if i try to delete a movie it deletes a different movie.  My problems started after upgrading to the 3.6.1 everythign was fine on the 3.5 version.  can we roll back to the older version or get the curent versions bugs fixed?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordee1959jay
Netherlands Posts: 6,014
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Try running a Database Repair (Tools / Options / Utilities / Repair Profile Database).
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributornimrod85
Wonky:Eye:Wota
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Why do I alway have 2 Profiles in my Ordered list when there is only 1( and the same when there is no Profile it always displays 1 profile (in the list)

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/7079/unbenannt11f.jpg
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDee
United Kingdom Posts: 7
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi there is there problems with the new 3.7.1 version as since I have updated from 3.6 I cannot get on it. Keeps saying there is an error and won't go past database?
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeGerri Cole
Invelos Software
United States Posts: 524
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Dee:
Quote:
Hi there is there problems with the new 3.7.1 version as since I have updated from 3.6 I cannot get on it. Keeps saying there is an error and won't go past database?

Try doing a database repair before you open the program. There is a link to the Database repair utility on the DVD Profiler start menu. Or it may prompt you to do one when you open it.
Invelos Software, Inc. Representative
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantThomas P
Posted:
I am currently in IRAQ and am experiencing a problem but dont know if its related to this issue...
i am trying to update my profiles and images. the updated images work but updated profiles fail. I have already ran the database repair with no issues
 Last edited: by Thomas P
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2  Previous   Next