Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
How are profiles approved or by whom?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkahless
TaH pagh taHbe'!
Germany Posts: 17,804
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting EnryWiki:
Try sleepvoting

Tell me more about this. Should this be placed in the feature request forum?     
Thorsten
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorTomGaines
Registered Sept. 24, 2001
Germany Posts: 2,005
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting EnryWiki:
Quote:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:
I think 2 days is a good compromise between getting new contribution released fast but giving time for others to vote on it.

I think it's too short a notice, especially as there is no PM notification of new profiles to be voted.

With my collection count I do not need PM notification, because I know, that there is something to vote on every day 

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkahless
TaH pagh taHbe'!
Germany Posts: 17,804
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quote:
Quoting TomGaines:
With my collection count I do not need PM notification, because I know, that there is something to vote on every day 

Yeah, but maybe you prefer an hourly announcement     
Thorsten
 Last edited: by kahless
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDraxen
I see shiny discs...
Finland Posts: 681
Posted:
OT: Thank heavens for this thread... EnryWiki's avatar reminded me that I haven't watched "Fawlty Towers" for several months. I will correct this starting.... NOW. 
Mika
I hate people who love me, and they hate me. (Bender Bending Rodriguez)
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkdh1949
Have Gun Will Travel
United States Posts: 2,394
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Voltaire53:
Quote:
Actually it's annoying enough if there is a pre-release profile (having to compare 3 or 4 people's updates and check which is best so as not to get it overwritten... why people don't check to see if 3 others have put in the same update before they do I'm not sure  ) but it's even worse if there isn't because the system recognises all the new contributions as 'new' and people can't pre-compare them.

I don't understand this either - the need for 3 or more people to contribute portions of the same title at one time - rather than waiting for one to be accepted and THEN contribute changes.  It makes voting tough, too.  Contribution A has the disc info and CoO and Studios, Contribution B the Cast & Crew, Contribution C the audio/video data.  Do you vote for one or all (or none) of them?

Why can't people either upload a fully audited profule or wait until the earlier one(s) is accepted before uploading additional data?
Another Ken (not Ken Cole)
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.
DVD Profiler user since June 15, 2001
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorpmasl
User since 2003
United States Posts: 677
Posted:
Quoting EnryWiki:
Quote:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:

I think 2 days is a good compromise between getting new contribution released fast but giving time for others to vote on it.

I think it's too short a notice, especially as there is no PM notification of new profiles to be voted.

That would be great! A PM informing that a DVD we own is up for voting.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorLithurge
Paralysis by analysis
Posted:
Quoting pmasl:
Quote:
Quoting EnryWiki:
Quote:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:

I'm with Tom on this one, it's usefulness depends on how many you own, I would certainly not want a PM each time something was submitted, so this would need to be optional.

It still wouldn't help with multiple submissions of new titles though.
IVS Registered: January 2, 2002
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantWhite Pongo, Jr.
No, I iz no Cheshire Cat!
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:
Quoting EnryWiki:
Quote:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:

You lucky man!
But then, even you need to check at least every two days, if you don't want to lose a single ballot 

A PM notification system (or a longer notice) would be helpful to those who don't check every day, and would do no harm to frequent checkers.
-- Enry
 Last edited: by White Pongo, Jr.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Enry:

How about if use Biff Tannen's cane....Oh, McFly.        

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
Posted:
Quoting Lithurge:
Quote:
Quoting pmasl:
Quote:
Quoting EnryWiki:
Quote:
Quoting TomGaines:
Quote:

I'm with Tom on this one, it's usefulness depends on how many you own,

True.

Quote:
I would certainly not want a PM each time something was submitted, so this would need to be optional.

Yep, that goes without saying.

Quote:
It still wouldn't help with multiple submissions of new titles though.

Right. For that, maybe subsequent submissions should be blocked until the first is voted.
-- Enry
Posted:
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
Enry:

How about if use Biff Tannen's cane....Oh, McFly.        

Skip

I guess you would love it! Going back in time and stop some old contributions you know   
-- Enry
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2  Previous   Next